Gateway MT6840 15.4-inch Widscreen Notebook Computer PC

Gateway MT6840 15.4-inch Widscreen Notebook Computer PCI added 1GB of RAM (to 2GB) before even booting up out of the box, which I regret now, just for curiosity reasons, but so far I am very pleased with the twin-core MT6840. I had a Gateway MX7118 before and loved the widescreen display, and I wasn't about to spend a thousand or more bucks on a high-end laptop. I realize you get what you pay for usually, but if you're budget-conscious you could do a lot worse than the MT6840. Battery life is roughly 3 hours. Streaming HD TV video from ABC is flawless on the MT6840; the same video still stops and starts on my AMD Sempron desktop with 1.5 GB RAM. And so far, Vista has been a pretty pleasant experience. Like anything else new, it takes some getting used to.

ive owned this laptop for about a year.

i never had any problems with it.

for the price i think its a great little laptop.

Buy Gateway MT6840 15.4-inch Widscreen Notebook Computer PC Now

What a bargain for the price..does everything I want it to. I run two businesses now when I'm on vacation, no lost business because of slow responses. Bright screen, easy keyboard, and the kids watch dvds in the car, during those long boring(?) stretches of Nevada Desert.. These are still selling elsewhere for $799 and up

Read Best Reviews of Gateway MT6840 15.4-inch Widscreen Notebook Computer PC Here

This animal is older than the hills. It actually came with Windows Vista. I only bout the critter for something to use while having another system updated. The selling point was being able to see the 15 inch screen which was a good size for the time. This wireless "g" is still in the main stream today and wireless N devices also accept it.

I have recently updated the ram form two .5GB to two 2GB sticks. The system recognized the update immediately. The system came with a restore partition but I never trust them and have external disks in case of a virus or anything physical. I also updated to Windows 7 and anticipate trying Windows 8.

Just a note that unless you are ept and can adjust to the exterenal wrld without help from the manufaturer this may not be the best way to go. Personally I find the challenge fun.

Want Gateway MT6840 15.4-inch Widscreen Notebook Computer PC Discount?

I am extremely happy with this laptop so far. Perhaps my expectations weren't that high, given that I've always used 2nd hand laptops for serving music on my stereo system. But this unit delivers. Also there are occasions when you can get it with a nice rebate. The specs speak for themselves. After a couple of hours of deleting unwanted programs and modifying the system so it behaves how I want it to, I am quite pleased.

0 comments:

Post a Comment