Sony VAIO VGN-Z820G/B 13.1-Inch Black Laptop (Windows 7 Professional)

Sony VAIO VGN-Z820G/B 13.1-Inch Black LaptopI've been an owner for about 3 months now and I can tell you I am pretty impressed with this notebook.

Make no mistake, you pay for what you get.

This is for someone that is always on the go and do not want to buy a crappy netbook because the Z series is extremely light. The beauty is in the fact that this is also for someone who wants good processing power and video card performace. I was able to play Counter Strike with full 100 fps and tf2 in medium setting with 40+ fps (with the dedicated graphics card), wich is pretty amazing for a notebook that is this thin. Technology like Intel's Centrino 2 and the fact that you can change from discrete to integrated graphic card (with functions perfectly, by the way) makes it possible to use it, on the go, for six hours straight. I made this test with the standard baterry and the baterry life is awesome.

Some other things like integrated 3G and GPS receiver and the VAIO Care software, that from time to time does a full verification of your notebook and actualy makes it faster by cleaning useless files and the registry, makes this notebook simply perfect.

I purchased a vaio vpc-z computer two years ago. The first machine would spontaneously reboot every 2-3 weeks. The first onsite repair left the machine unable to start. Over the next year the machine was returned 4-5 times. Turnaround was very slow taking weeks to months. Sony finally bought the computer back. Foolishly I bought another. It has functioned better but the screen developed black lines several months ago. I was traveling and wasn't in a location for onsite repair. In view of the weeks required for a factory mail in repair, I called and asked if onsite repair would be ok in a month... which was shortly into the extended warranty. I was assured onsite would be acceptable. Two days ago Sony set up an onsite repair. Today Sony calls and adamantly refuses onsite repair. Not only is tech support incompetant but now it appears that one cannot rely on their committment. Be very careful with any verbal promise. The computer is OK but Sony service is simply nothing short of disaster.

Buy Sony VAIO VGN-Z820G/B 13.1-Inch Black Laptop (Windows 7 Professional) Now

Don't be fooled, while the MacBook Pros may have they're aluminum unibody these VAIOs have carbon fiber. Sure it looks like plastic from afar, but once your close and feel the weight and feel of this thing, it's going to blow you away.

It's amazing how much they crammed into this little laptop! You've got two graphic cards and a core 2 duo processor (not some ULV or whatnot), Sony really seems to know quite a bit of technical engineering. The price is not for anybody, but those looking a topnotch, beautiful and svelte laptop that handles everything won't be disappointed.

1 star down for the price of course. I would have given it 5 if it were in the $1500 range.

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO VGN-Z820G/B 13.1-Inch Black Laptop (Windows 7 Professional) Here

Love this laptop. It's made really solid, and I've been using it for the past few years without any glitches. It's one of the few machines that come with an anti-glare screen, and it's very lightweight, only 3.3 pounds. This is one of my favorite machines--very easy to do wipes until I upgraded my hard drive to a 1TB and had it cloned. It then started spitting out Microsoft error messages "Not running Genuine Windows." Microsoft support will send you back to the manufacturer. The lesson learned: always reload the OS from the manufacturer recovery disks.

Unfortunately, Sony no longer makes the Z series. The new Ultrabooks are appealing, but the Solid State Drive are way too small yet. Also many laptops don't have optical drives, or a LAN port for heavy downloads. They only come wireless with machines running Windows 8, which may not work well for heavy computing. I'm also eyeing the Sony Duo (laptop & Tablet combo)--such a beauty.

Want Sony VAIO VGN-Z820G/B 13.1-Inch Black Laptop (Windows 7 Professional) Discount?

I purchased this notebook 10 months ago and was pretty happy with it until the hard drive just died in the middle of doing nothing. It was still under warranty so I called for repair. Spoke to Ritz and told him my hard drive is dead, he felt the need to waste about 30 min. of my time to arrive to a conclusion that my hard drive is dead. I was leaving country but he could not expedite my repair so I got transferred to JR who spent about 15 min. repeating what Ritz told me. Than I spoke to Lee who gave me his direct phone # and told me he would personally see to it that I get the computer repaired in time for my trip. All lies. Called again and spoke to Woo no help at all. Transferred to Megan, who proceeded to tell me Sony could not have a hard drive sent overnight or help me in any way and there was no one at Sony willing or able to do it. Every one of those people were located outside of United States. They all told me it would take 4 to 6 business days to repair, it did not happen. Not even sure it would happen. My next notebook will not be a Sony.

0 comments:

Post a Comment