Dell XPS XPS13-40002sLV 13-Inch Ultrabook (Silver)

Dell XPS XPS13-40002sLV 13-Inch UltrabookGreat product, very happy with my purchase. The laptop is constructed amazingly well and really feels premium. The soft touch keyboard deck is much more comfortable than the aluminum of the Macbook Air or Pro. I use the laptop on my lap and it never feels warm. Very quiet. SSD speeds up the computer. From boot to opening the web browser takes about 20 second with no slow down at all. Trackpad is great, just make sure you install the latest touchpad drivers on the Dell website. It was awful at first but now it is definitely acceptable and responsive. Only thing I wish was better is the screen. Wish the resolution was higher and viewing angles were better. That is my only problem with this amazing ultrabook.

Netbooks were never an option for me, but I wanted something small like a netbook with just a bit more oomph. Then Intel started pushing these "Ultrabooks" into the market, and I gotta say I love it. I've owned Dell Desktops my whole life, but this is my first Dell laptop. I've had a couple HP laptops that have burnt out on me after just a couple years. So far, this little guy is doing just fine. Right away, I noticed that it doesn't ever get nearly as hot as my HP laptops did.

I still wish the intake wasn't at the bottom of the computer, but the design definitely works well on flat surfaces. It's silent up until you get a couple different applications running, then it gets a bit noisy, but nothing too crazy (yet). It certainly isn't a mobile workstation or high-power machine, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it for gaming or anything like that. It can definitely handle watching movies/clips in HD though.

The screen is beautiful, and is very, very bright. So bright in fact that most of the time I keep it around the middle, otherwise it actually hurts my eyes. It's great to have the ability to make it so bright though, especially when using it outside. Just wish they could have made the screen resolution a bit bigger!

Thin, very light, with a beautiful display. Keyboard layout is nice, keys feel good. Boot/restating/resuming is INCREDIBLY quick and a wonderful feature. Loving the SSD.

To Dell, I would recommend just a few things:

1) The CAPS LOCK light is so nice! Why not do it for WiFi or anything else?

2) Power Cable slips out just a little to easily.

3) Make Dell software that's initially installed more accessible. Offer a quick explanation of what everything is, and how to use it. Nothing is more frustrating to a user than having things on their machine, and not knowing what it is or what it does!

4) Power/heat management is good, but the fan needs to be just a bit quieter.

Despite those few (minor) cons, I feel this machine is well worth the price tag.

Buy Dell XPS XPS13-40002sLV 13-Inch Ultrabook (Silver) Now

First of all, as with all ultrabooks, you need to know you are paying a sum of your money for the design and premuim quality built get, so just put that in mind before you start comparing this little big guy to other lappys with similar specs!

The look: straight 5 stars, it is really smaller than all other 13" ultrabooks. Yet a bit bigger than 11" ones, which is great, I don't want to feel like I am just using a net book after all!

performance: Who said only ipads take no time to boot?! people never turn off their ipads, they put them to sleep(By clicking only the screen lock button) then start talking about how quick they boot! Well this guy here boots from sleep in almost no time! A full power on takes an impressive 15-20 secs from pressing the button to opening Google chrome! It is just lag-free , till now!, no matter what am I using it for. Everyday computing is a breath, even games ( I had Steam gaming software installed) like Batman Arkham and Need for speed perform flawlessly on it as well. So another 5 stars here.

keyboard and mouse: Though i loved the backlit keyboard with a little cushion for comfort when you press the keys, I didn't like the trackpad much. It did get better after installing the update from Dell website but still it didn't feel normal to me, I ended up installing Synaptics which cancelled the touch click, so I may only use the hard click. Eventually I would just use a bluetooth mouse. A 1/2 star off cos of that.

Screen: Not bad, but not impressive. Though I can't complain about the resolution, I really wished it could get brighter ( I had an Adamo XPS with a really bright screen, I guess I got used to it!) Also could have got better viewing angles. So another 1/2 star off for that.

Battery: I didn't count exactly how much time it gives, but it definitely gives around or more than 5 hours, which is pretty good for a laptop that small(i.e. has a small battery). Good enough that I don't take the charger with me when I take the laptop to Starbucks or to the library for example.

Weight: As light as all other 13" ultrabooks, and that is really light!

All in all, I enjoy the looks, the premium feel and the amazingly quick SSD & i5 processor. Based on looks & performance it is the best ultrabook around, and I looked a lot!

One last thing, though Dell's customer service does take longer time than average, I HIGHLY recommend buying a hardware warranty, I needed it in the past and it paid out well, in fact my former Dell Adamo was a replacement for an older model that Dell simply offered to send instead of repairing the older one, how cool was that?!

Read Best Reviews of Dell XPS XPS13-40002sLV 13-Inch Ultrabook (Silver) Here

I'm a software engineer and a maters student, and I bought this laptop both for work and for my studies. I have it for almost a year now, and I don't have a single word of complaint to say about it. It goes up FAST, the battery time is great, the keyboard and touch pad are top notch (you never notice they're there which is the highest praise I can give to a keyboard and a touch pad), it looks amazing, the it's light weight and even the speakers are actually fun to listen to.

I really love it.

Want Dell XPS XPS13-40002sLV 13-Inch Ultrabook (Silver) Discount?

Bought this from amazon themselves, not a "seller" per se. It arrived a day earlier than expected so all in all it took 2 working days instead of 3-5 which was great! The laptop itself was packaged in an amazon box, then the dell box, then the xps box. The computer is beautiful! Super light, though hevier than it looks, and super thin. The lines and profiles are absolutely beautiful. Everyone who has seen me with the laptop has asked me about it and expressed how much they love how it looks. I bought it specfically for school. As a barrister in training I carry around a brief case filled with a hell of a lot of papers and books etc and needed a laptop (NOT a netbook) thin and light enough to fit in with everything else. Not only does it look beautiful, professional and serve its purpose, but this thing PERFORMS. Start up time is maximum 8 seconds. From hibernation (closed lid) it directs me to thelogin screen within a second of opening the lid (no kidding!). The machine runs so smoothly. I ended up uninstalling macafee and installing microsoft security essentials for free because I find it works better. It comes with office starter which means you dont get the full suit (which would be a problem for those who use things like onenote and powerpointAKA me). I think that's the only real downfall in terms of the system as you would have to purchase the full microsoft office suite. The web cam is great-pictures are clear (obviously not high res).

It does heat up a little if you're taxing it (lengthy youtube visits, typing up lengthy reports for a few hours etc), but not bad. It doesnt heat up as much when it's on my lap and there's space underneath it, unlike when you have it flat on a table.

The screen is really clear, sharp and the colours are vivid. It is, however, a FINGERPRINT magnet due to it's gloss.

The keyboard is lovely. It's nottoo small and the trackpad for me works excellently. It's also very comfortable for my palms. Though they say the finish doesn't attract finger print, it soaks up any oil you may have on my your hands (natural or otherwise) and leaves it looking a bit shiny rather than matte. Not a big deal for me as it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Once the computer starts and i log in I can access the web browser within 2 seconds.

Battery life isn't bad at all. I went for about 6-7 hours full use during advocacy lectures and drafting sessions (note: this does not include excessive taxing of the machine, that is, watching video etcrather microsoft office/adobe reader/ie). Not bad for such a small machine with such a tiny battery.

The only thing that worries me is that if/when the battery fails I cannot just replace it myself. You will have to send it into a dell service centre and have them replace the battery for you.

All in all it's a beautiful computer. Completely portable, enviable and super fast and efficient.

Would definitely reccommend to students,businessmen/women, and people on the go. A high performance laptopultimate portability.

Save 27% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment