Sony VAIO E Series SVE14138CXB 14-Inch Laptop (Black)

Sony VAIO E Series SVE14138CXB 14-Inch LaptopI wanted to purchase a laptop to use for just entertainment purposes and this seemed to be the most "bang for the buck" model available. To start, the Blu-ray disc player is definitely a nice feature. The video quality with 720p and a 14" screen is very good. Movies played were near seamless. Same with the Wi-Fi connectivity, very good

Sound quality is a bit disappointing. The "built-in stereo speakers with xLOUD and Clear Phase Technology" are mediocre at best. Even with the volume levels set 95% it was just audible. Set above 95% I did experience some cracking. I didn't expect full stereo quality, but I did expect more. In my opinion an iPhone sounds just as good or better.

Web-cam quality is cheesy. When viewing, the image is very pixelated. I haven't looked to see if this can be adjusted. I tried it with the default setting and didn't enlarge the image.

From what I've found using the default setting for power consumption, battery life is closer to five hrs which is still acceptable. If your using it just for movies, 4 hrs.

Overall performance is very good but the touch pad is too sensitive for my taste. I've read other VAIO reviews saying the same thing. I haven't tried adjusting it, but most other reviews said this can be corrected.

In my opinion, Windows 8 does not add value to the PC and is designed more for touch-screen models. If it didn't void the warranty, I would probably switch to Windows 7.

Last and very important, after transferring over 100 gigs of music and movies to my laptop from iTunes/iPod Classic I experienced a software malfunction with the CD/DVD player.(code error) I had to use a system restore and remove the 100 gigs plus the 35 windows updates and start again to correct the problem. If you choose to buy this laptop and are transferring, create several system restore points throughout the process. I wasted 12+ hours and learned the hard way. lol

It takes 5 DVD's to create a systems back-up which is not supplied. Buy yourself a 32gb USB 3.0 flash drive instead and save yourself some time.

fantastic, I love how fast it is, is very well cost me something to get used to windows 8 but nothing else, I recommend it, price, versatility, thanks for this

Buy Sony VAIO E Series SVE14138CXB 14-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

Great Value Laptop good looking, love the light up keyboard and the blu ray drive windows 8 is a little lame

wonder what thet were thinking but its relatively easy to learn

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO E Series SVE14138CXB 14-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

Great Laptop! Took a little getting used to going from Windows 7 to Windows 8 but I am getting better with the new operating program which does have a lot of good options. Took a little time to get everything set up but well worth the effort.

The Sony Vaio is a very good laptop. Very fast and has just about every feature you could Want. Having the 3.0 USB port is great and the Blue Ray player has worked with every disc that I have tried. The picture quality is excellent. I would highly recommend this Sony laptop.

Want Sony VAIO E Series SVE14138CXB 14-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment