HP ENVY 14-2070NR 14.5-inch Notebook PC - Silver

HP ENVY 14-2070NR 14.5-inch Notebook PC - SilverHP sent me a defective screen on my new HP laptop. I requested them to replace the computer and they asked me to take a quick-ship model at a higher price. In addition, I have to pay for it first at a higher price with lower specs!! I asked for the manager and they rejected me saying they are busy.

I have bought 4 HP Pavilions over the last 10 years and this is how they repay me. If there are no problems, I am sure HP is fine. The real problem is if there is something wrong and you are stuck with their customer support. After 10 years, I am going with another brand. I have also spent 80 minutes on the phone with no avail.

I have put a similar comment on their HP website. Do you know they exclude the 1-star and 2-star comments from the consumers?!?! Therefore, I thought it is only fair for the consumers to know. If there is something wrong and you have to deal with their customer support, you will literally get the short-end of the stick. Therefore, you should think twice before purchasing from HP.

I have wasted two days of my life dealing them and now I am investing a full-day going through all the HP e-commerce sites to let the consumers know. Good luck with your purchase with HP.....

Wanted to provide some positive feedback on the laptop. Overall, I am impressed with the laptop. Below is a pro/con summary. Hope this is helpful.

Pros:

Speed is impressive

Well built and looks great

Durable keyboard and the lighting feature is cool

Quiet fan

Excellent sound with or without headphones (external speakers could use more bass)

Cons:

Mouse pad takes some getting use to

Screen clarity could be better (compared to a Vaio.)

Buy HP ENVY 14-2070NR 14.5-inch Notebook PC - Silver Now

HP ENVY 14-2130NR Notebook PC GrayI bought an envy 14 in April 2011 for my son who was going to college, the screen went dead in less then a year, I personally shipped it back for repair under warranty. When I got it back and powered on and it did not boot. I then found out that the internal hard drive was gone. I could not boot the laptop, of course nor verify if hp fixed the screen. I'm no an expert about laptop, so I called hp again,, after two days of trying, A case manager finally talked to me, and yet he accused me that I took out the hd myself before I shipped the laptop to them. I did not even know before where the hd was on this laptop, and I also questioned him if I already had one, why would I need another INTERNAL hd for my envy? He said I could sell it. I was so pissed by accused of cheating $100 hard drive. I have 2 laptops and one desktop from hp in my house, I'm so sure that I won't buy any products from hp ever again.

Later, HP sent me a hard drive w/o charges, but no bracket and no screws (I don't have them because hp service removed the hd on machince), after one more shipping, I finally install the hd and after 3 hour of loading os and all the services. I shipped this laptop to my son in college, a couple of week, the screen started blinking again. No, they did not fix the original screen problem, now my son in college has to deal with them directly. No, I'll never buy another hp computers again.

[Update 2]

Another update, another screwup, this time when the laptop came back, they did not return the charger cable my son told me. I would have given hp zero star if I could.

[Update 3]

After 3 repairs, this same problem came back again. I wonder what kind of company hp is running?? I understand any products could have problems, I'm ok if they could fix the problem. but....., a $800 laptop used for less than 2 years?? and what laughable is, Envy is supposed to be a better line of products, hp was thinking they could use Envy line to compete with Apple MBP?? No more hp products for my family for sure.

Read Best Reviews of HP ENVY 14-2070NR 14.5-inch Notebook PC - Silver Here

This machine has a lot going for it. The SSD drive puts it ahead of most of the competition given the price. I've owned an Envy 15 in the past and I can tell most of the kinks were worked out.

My only two issues: Screen and Switchable graphics.

Screen I knew the Brightview screen had been criticized, but the resolution is the industry standard for this size laptop. Still, something better would make this laptop pop.

Switchable graphics I can't tell it's actually switching over as I've noticed some reduced frame rates compared to my older Envy 15.

All-in-all, I still haven't found anything that beats this Envy for the value it provides

Want HP ENVY 14-2070NR 14.5-inch Notebook PC - Silver Discount?

I am writing this view as a consumer who was once very loyal to HP products. This HP Envy is my fifth HP laptop.

While none of my other HPs were perfect, I did appreciate HP's customer service. Of course this was not perfect either, but I'll start off with the good. The exterior design of this laptop is appealing to the eyes. I like to keep my laptop clean and in good condition so the chicklet keyboard is also a plus for me. However, these features are not enough as I need a reliable and working computer. I do like HP's customer service as compared to other companies.

In the past, when my old HP laptop malfunctioned, their technical support messed up really bad. Once a tech support from India was very hostile and even advised me to configure my computer incorrectly. In the end, it totally messed up my laptop and rendered it unusable. After several complaints they gave me a brand new laptop that was a newer model so it appeased me for a bit. HP should have all of my calls logged. I have spent too many hours with tech support, which has deterred me from calling them this time.

There are many negative things I could say, but I'll just share my biggest annoyances. I have had this HP for 2 weeks and already the volume stopped working. I tried plugging my head phones in. Didn't work. I tried different programs. Didn't work. I tried restarting my computer twice but to no avail. It's very frustrating. Why the Beats upgrade if the darn thing doesn't work properly with the other features? I may have gotten a bad product out of several functioning ones, but seeing as how my other HPs were messed up, this can't be simply chance. This has to be poor vision, design, staffing, and/or quality assurance.

The touchpad is also sub par, which might be a software issue with Synaptics. Sometimes it doesn't scroll and I have to wait a few minutes for the scroll to work again. This can be inefficient if you try to read documents/sites with multiple pages. I have tried tweaking the touchpad several different ways but the features are not efficient. There's also a huge gap on the right side of the touchpad, maybe because whoever put this together did not care about symmetry. Others may not care.

I care. And I care about efficiency, reliability, and going with a company that cares about the same thing.

Although I was reluctant to by another HP laptop because of my previous experiences, I wanted to give them a chance to redeem themselves. Failed attempt.

Save 19% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment