Dell Latitude E6510 Notebook PC - Core i7 i7-620M 2.66 GHz - 15.6" - Silver 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM - 320 G

Dell Latitude E6510 Notebook PC - Core i7 i7-620M 2.66 GHz - 15.6' - Silver 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM - 320 GB HDD - DVD-Writer - Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth - Windows 7 ProfessionalI was issued the Dell Latitude E6510 for my job. After six months of use, two of the USB ports stopped working. The technology team at my company replaced the motherboard which resolved this issue. However, two months later, the computer now freezes when I move the Dell even slightly, and then I need to force a shutdown in order to restart and unfreeze the computer. Also, the power cord now has a short, and I need to play with the cord until I get the blue light to indicate 'charging'. I then need to be very careful that the cord doesn't move and short out again; this in addition to, as I mentioned, needing to be careful that the computer doesn't move on my desk and freeze thus causing me to lose whatever information I just entered into the computer. I am currently awaiting the technology team at my company to pick up this computer to check on the freezing issue and replace the power cord. For a laptop at this price point, I would recommend taking a look at the Toshiba Portege or Lenovo IdeaPad. The Dell Inspiration also receives good reviews, but I would not recommend any Dell product after my experience with this product.

Dell supplied me in late 2010 with an E6510 as a warranty replacement for a Latitude D820 which kept having the Nvidia Graphics problem.

Used for business, domestic and charity work for at least 5 hours most days since, it's been lugged over 30000 miles mainly on public transport and has been completely free of faults.

I have not yet had to replace the battery, which I normally find necessary after average 15 months with a new laptop (say 500 charging cycles).

It once dropped 4 feet out of my bag onto a solid floor whilst in hibernation with no problem.

The only change made is that as the E6510 was supplied with spec to correspond with D820, the 2gb RAM supplied has been upgraded by me with 4GB, giving a vast improvement in performance.

Buy Dell Latitude E6510 Notebook PC - Core i7 i7-620M 2.66 GHz - 15.6" - Silver 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM - 320 G Now

I was recently issued this machine (E6510) at work and am very disappointed. I love Dell and have had plenty of great Latitude laptops, but this is not one of them. Consider instead the E6520, which is the dramatically improved newer version of the machine on this page, or the HP Elitebook 8560p. Both the E6520 and Elitebook 8560p are far better designs than this one. Look at the keyboard, fake speakers, port layout, battery life, among other things, and you will see what I mean for yourself.

Read Best Reviews of Dell Latitude E6510 Notebook PC - Core i7 i7-620M 2.66 GHz - 15.6" - Silver 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM - 320 G Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment