Acer AS5750-6636 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black)

Acer AS5750-6636 15.6-Inch LaptopBought this laptop to replace my MacBook (original Unibody), which breathed it's last. I needed a cheap laptop replacement in a hurry, since I'm working from home during a period of disability (knee surgery, I do software QA in the financial industry). Because of the urgent nature, I needed the cheapest laptop that would do the job.

I'm very pleased with this PC...the screen is big and bright, no anomalies, the Sandy Bridge i3 is responsive, even at a relatively low clock speed, and the graphics are fine for me (I'm a casual gamer. Very, very casual). Though the machine comes with some bloatware, there's not a lot.

The keyboard is better than I expected. I do a lot of typing (and can do about 80 wpm), the keyboard is really important to me, and I never did care for the chicklet keyboard on the macbook. The Acer also has chicklet shaped keys, but they travel further than the macbook's and have a much better feel. I can go at full speed on these, no problem. Build quality seems OK. I still prefer real concave keys, but these'll do fine. BTW, there's a full numeric keypad on the right side, which doesn't matter to me but will make lots of accountants happy!

The trackpad was a real surprise...I've used lots of laptops with poor trackpads, but this isn't one of them. Very smooth and responsive, multi touch/gesture, with a separate button bar underneath (though you can customize corner taps to simulate whatever you want).

There's 3 usb-2.0 ports (one on left, 2 on right...my macbook only had 2), an hdmi port, memory card reader in front, tray loading dvd writer, hybrid audio out jack, audio input jack, and a lock port. Also an adequate video camera and built-in mike. One thing I like (as opposed to my old macbook) is that this laptop has meaningful lights on the front (battery, disk, power, network). Steve Jobs apparently didn't think I'd miss them, but it turns out I did.

Haven't pushed the battery to it's limits, Acer lists it as 4.5 hours...nothing to write home about, but OK. The case is great...it's black, but textured to be very attractive and have zero fingerprints.

No bluetooth here, by the way. I have some bluetooth accessories, but I figure I can always pop in a bluetooth USB dongle if I need. 320GB hard drive is fine (tiny bit clicky sometimes when reading/writing)and the 4Gb memory is more than enough. Both are easily replaced, if necessary.

In short, I'm really impressed with this machine for the price...I got a lot more than I expected. Quite a deal.

Plenty of speed with 4GB;s of ram and an i3. It's cool looking with a black textured cover and gun metal interior! Great keyboard and a touch pad with a scroll bar. I hate these laptops that make you scroll with two fingers in the center of the touch pad. Acer seems to be the only one to keep the scroll bar on the touch pad! Nice bright screen, really good surround sound, awesome price. Buy it, you'll like it!

Buy Acer AS5750-6636 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black) Now

This is a lot of laptop for the price and is a very nice machine. Looks good, works very well. Quite nice overall. I agree with the earlier review that made positive comments about the trackpad--so many at this price point are very annoying but this one is responsive and smooth.

A very good choice for an affordable laptop that is a pleasure to use.

Read Best Reviews of Acer AS5750-6636 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black) Here

This is a quality Laptop. Nicely constructed and not on the cheap flimsy side like I feel Toshiba and ASUS are when seeing them up close. Nice glossy screen and the screen quality is very sharp and clear. Quick to boot and the battery life is acceptable. No need to worry about fingerprints too much. The keyboard is laid out nicely and the keys are big. Nice numeric pad also.The sound is adequate for this laptop and it's not bogged down with too much bloatware in my opinion. For the price you cannot beat it. Acer is a good brand.

Want Acer AS5750-6636 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black) Discount?

Pros:

-Boot up takes ~30 seconds

-Core i3 processor has been up to all my internet and Microsoft Office tasks

-Laptop is quiet and runs cool

-Screen is bright and sharp

-HD webcam is great on Skype

Cons:

-chicklet style keyboard takes some getting used to -not as friendly as Dell or Mac

-Plastic construction has a lot of flex

Overall, I think it's the best bang for the buck. If the keyboard was more user-friendly, I would have given it 5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment