Dell XPS 14Z X14z-2308ELS 14-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver)

Dell XPS 14Z X14z-2308ELS 14-Inch LaptopHave been using this system for a couple of weeks now and love it. Great compact design, very thin for a system with a optical drive, and the keyboard is excellent.

Pros Elegant design, slim body, great keyboard + trackpad, Intel architecture, and Dell warranty.

Cons Dell bloatware. I would prefer to see Dell load very clean installs instead of some of the useless software they will load to collect bounties.

We purchased this item for a Christmas gift in Nov 2011 and gave it to my 18 year old son Christmas Day. Since then, we have had 4 major repairs (cursar pad, wifi connection antenea, 2 hard drives!!!!) Warrenty (that I paid extra to get )has been great tech always repairs product but really ...4 major outages. Last one while my son was in the middle of a major college project. All data not backed up was lost. Arghhhhh.

Lets see if Dell makes good on their promise to look into this computer. Could we have a lemon?????

Buy Dell XPS 14Z X14z-2308ELS 14-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver) Now

I was looking for a compact and light laptop that I can easily carry around with me and that is capable of handling graphics heavy programs, as I am a graphic designer. Price was also a big consideration. After researching many computers with NVIDIA graphics cards and intel i7 processor like this one, I discovered that besides for being absolutely gorgeous, this computer is the cheapest in its class of light and thin computers that are capable of handling a little more than microsoft office. I have to admit, the looks of this computer definitely appealed to me and may have affected my decision when buying this computer... But i have had it now for about a month and so far I have no complaints.

Read Best Reviews of Dell XPS 14Z X14z-2308ELS 14-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver) Here

This is the sleekest, coolest best looking dell laptop I have ever seen. I've owned it now for several weeks (purchased through Costco, not Amazon, for slightly more $). The specs are good. 8GB Ram, 750GB Hdd, i7core, dual core processor with hyperthreading, and a high-end clock rate during burst mode. The screen is fantastic, many more lumans brighter than my other dell laptop (an old m65).

Now why did I pick this PC? Because it is as close to looking like a macbook pro without being a mac. My personal preference for any laptop, is to immediately wipe the OS and put Ubuntu on it. I am currently running Ubuntu 12.04 with kde-plasma-desktop installed; this computer is behaving like a dream.

A quick comment on the device. It has more holes (aka vents) in it than I would like, but the engineer in me knows that this is Dell Trying to make sure the PC lasts a long time (good ventilation and heat dissipation are crucial). My Wife's Macbook Pro LAPTOP overheats often, sometimes too hot to put in her LAP. My other complaint is that while the laptop screen is well aligned with the base and clearly well attached, I can see that it is mounted .5mm (check a ruler if you can't envision how small that is) further to the right, than to the left. This extremely anal way of looking at the top when closed speaks to why I bought the PC to begin with: I wanted a precision cut and designed metal housing.

I am still giving this 5 stars, because I want Dell and the world to know that there is a class of people out there, who want precision crafted PCs like this, but don't want the inane constraints and cost-overages of a Mac.

Want Dell XPS 14Z X14z-2308ELS 14-Inch Laptop (Elemental Silver) Discount?

This is the best Dell I have ever owned (and I have owned more than 5). It is a combination of beauty and performance and I just love it. The only things I wished it had were a VGA output (it limits the projectors I can use, but it is common with Dell to be like that) and an easily replaceable battery, but that is not too much to worry about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment