ASUS A53U-AS22 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mocha)

ASUS A53U-AS22 15.6-Inch LaptopI ordered this laptop about 30 days ago and have been solidly satisfied ever since. I desperately needed a new laptop for home use and wanted a machine that was stylish, updated and could handle a basic level of tasks. I use this as my primary and only home computer (which doesn't say much, after work, I go home to veg. I needed a machine I could use while watching TV, use while half-sleeping on the couch and something to answer emails in bed after I wake up late for work/other commitmentsagain).

Pros:

It looks great! It has a distinctive mocha case with a nice detail on it. And, no it's not as light as the MacBook Air or something, but is easy to handle, travels well and looks sleek.

The screen is solid and is a nice size.

The laptop runs very, very, cool. I don't think that mine has even warmed up a bit.

Windows 7 looks great on this laptop.

ASUS has some interesting programs (crapwarebut not that crappy).

I can run MS Office programs, Google Chrome, IE, VPN access my work computer, edit web pages and listen to Pandora at once just fine (occasionally the Pandora skips, but that just might be the connection).

Cons:

The keyboard takes some getting used to. . . it's very wide, I tend to favor the buttons on the left and some of the command buttons are in areas I did not expectand on the way right. With that said, it's a little annoying but easily solvable (I just look down more when I am typing).

The speakers are really not that good. But not a big deal for me because I mostly use this laptop for general home use (to finish projects from work, catch up on volunteer stuff and to check email and my FB). With that said, if I ever felt the need to watch movies or TV shows on it or something, I would just plug in speakers.

This is my first computer with an AMD processor. It's alright and works for me. I can tell the difference between this an Intel processor thoughespecially when playing basic games and do worry that this laptop will become dated sooner than its Intel counterpart. But the computer has never crashedjust some of the games run a bit slow (READ: I am not a gamer, I am talking about basic silly free games). I saw a review that mentioned the screen cuts out or something like that. . . I noticed that it did reset once or twice while I was loading my files and programs onto the machine. Nothing major though, and this happens on my desktop computer at work too. . .

You have to make your own recovery disks. It took 12 DVDs for meand A LOT of time. Painful.

But all and all I am super happy with my purchase. Totally worth the price and totally stylish.

I purchased the A53U-ES21 but stumbled on this product with a poor review. This is exactly the same laptop that I purchased, this just has a larger hard drive (500GB instead of 320GB). Yes, this laptop is not lightning fast but it is a great laptop. I have not noticed any lag or times of no response. I did, however, format the hard drive and reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 7 (not included) because there is a lot of preloaded garbage on there.

Buy ASUS A53U-AS22 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mocha) Now

For a desktop Linux user, this laptop is perfect. It is virtually impossible to purchase a laptop in the U.S. without an operating system; however, Microsoft apparently charges OEMs so little for Windows Home installed on cheap hardware that it doesn't really impact the price.

I installed the latest version of Ubuntu alongside the factory Windows install. In two weeks of heavy use, the system is holding up well. Some sites, such as Google Maps in streetview mode, render slow because of the weak hardware. If you're a gamer, you probably should not be buying this. If you're using it mostly for ordinary business tasks, this laptop is more than sufficient, at least under Ubuntu. Of the 4GB RAM, I have yet to see more than 2GB used at any given time.

I would consider other alternatives if you are planning to become a Windows 8 user, as I'm sure that system will be heavy on resources.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS A53U-AS22 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mocha) Here

I have owned a ASUS laptop before and was happy with it. I felt pretty safe getting another. I am afraid that I am going to have to return this one though. It is very slow. Very slow. Trying to load the Huffington Post can take well over a minute.

Playing the Microsoft version of Mahjong will give error messages of an overloaded cpu. I am not anywhere near being a power user with this machine. It is used primarily for surfing the net, checking e-mail and listening to music preferably at the same time. Sadly this thing is unable to keep up with that,

Want ASUS A53U-AS22 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mocha) Discount?

I bought an ASUS laptop in 2006 and it is still going strong, including the DVD drive. I can't say the same for other brands of laptops that I have owned (after two years, the drive on my Compaq crapped out and HP was no help at all in trying to recover the driver). Windows runs a little slow sometimes and I get a handful of program not responding, but I'm not attributing that to the computer just yet (I'm still running an old version of office). What I really like is the light weight frame; I travel with my laptop and use it in the field so that is definitely a plus. The screen has great resolution as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment