IBM THINKPAD R51 CENTRINO-735 512MB ( 18308TU )

IBM THINKPAD R51 CENTRINO-735 512MBtl;dr Get this laptop for simple tasks like word processing or checking e-mail. Not best for entertainment purposes like watching dvds, gaming, and Skype calling.

Clearly this is a cheap laptop and it's cheap for a reason. This laptop was manufactured by IBM who are famous for their Lenovo technology. Lenovo is a fairly good brand, so that's a plus.

Pros:

+ price: It costed $130 used.

+ keyboard: I freakin' love typing on this thing. It has a nice feel. Don't judge me.

Cons:

slow: It has a 1.6 GHz processor. What do you expect. It takes a while to start up and is kind of slow switching between tabs in Google Chrome depending on the level of content on a page and the number of tabs you have up.

clunky: This thing weighs about 11 pounds. The design is old looking & clunky. if you feel embarrassed using a dinosaur-looking machine, either don't use it in public or don't buy it. Haha.

I got this laptop because I just needed a device to type my papers for my silly ENC1102 class. The reason why I got a laptop instead of a netbook was because of price and the laptop had a more comfortable viewing & typing size. I occasionally roam around Youtube, but its speed is fine. It may be a bit laggy at times if you're watching a DVD.

Overall, this is a decent laptop for simple computing. Works best for word processing... anything productive. It fits all my needs for school. That's all I got it for.

Was advertised as 160 GB hard drive and 512 MB RAM, unit received had 40 GB drive and 768 MB RAM. Otherwise, it's working fine.

Buy IBM THINKPAD R51 CENTRINO-735 512MB ( 18308TU ) Now

This is a sturdy laptop. After 6 months of struggling with the quirks of having Microsoft 7 Pro Plus not fully meshed with the physical aspects of the computer's capabilities, and then having to buy a battery, which was kind of expected...Microsoft then tells me my version of their programs are not registered. The number that was on the program as the key code when I first got the laptop are not a product code, not a key, not anything that matches the requirements. So I contacted the rebuilders I ordered from...they say they will get with me...three times we make email contact, and no getting with me. Either the programs were a trial version installed just to sell the laptop, (does that explain the numbers passed off as the key code?), or the program was an upgrade from XP or something...but either way I ended up with no programs and no help from this seller to rectify the problem!

Read Best Reviews of IBM THINKPAD R51 CENTRINO-735 512MB ( 18308TU ) Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment