Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320 15.6-Inch Laptop (Satin Black Trax)

Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320 15.6-Inch LaptopMy old laptop had burnt out after a few years of good use being a older model Toshiba Satellite. Looking for a decent replacement I found myself to this laptop due to the price. That being said, I feel that my purchase was more than worth it. Coming from Windows 7 to Windows 8 has been a learning curve to say the least but with the program Classic Shell and the fact that Windows 8 has a option to use a "Desktop" interface helped a great deal making my experience with Windows 8 a pretty easy transition.

If you're looking to buy this and downgrade to Windows 7, be careful. After all my research, it's possible the drivers will not work with Windows 7. That was the only reason I did not downgrade myself.

I will say that the sound is absolutely awful and the camera is less than satisfying. Both could have been done much much better. There is a flimsy feel to the laptop itself but isn't that bad. The keys on the keyboard when typing feel like they are very cheap and could break if I were to press too hard. I do not use the touch pad but instead a USB Mouse which works perfectly fine when you disable the touch pad. I never liked them and have always used either a wireless or wired mouse.

This model DOES come with a HDMI output and is fantastic when you hook it up to your HDTV watching youtube or other stuff.

I let my kid play World of Warcraft with this laptop and at the preset "Good" settings he can get anywhere from 20-40 fps on that game alone. Considering my old laptop that is a vast improvement and is playable to anyone looking for a cheap solution.

Be careful with the shipping method though. I chose the "Free Super Saver Shipping" and was shipped VIA Lasership. This laptop was at the facility which was only 20 miles from my house for 2 days. I was fed up and called to see if I would be able to pick it up instead of waiting since usually once the item is at the facility, I normally get the item that same day. They did however work with me, tracked down the package, and allowed me to pick it up myself with no issues.

Overall if you're just looking for something cheap to use for some light gaming or merely looking for something for school work and/or internet surfing, this is a good choice at the price. I have no qualms with it so far except with the sound and camera.

This is a solid purchase for the individual on a budget. It shipped within a few hours after my purchase which was a plus, and got it the next day. The first thing I noticed is that it was bigger than what I thought it was going to be and felt extremely durable. The display is also vibrant but lacking only a little bit compared to a more expensive laptop, which won't disappoint you at all. The sound however, is not to good at all, it's tolerable but you will feel short ended when you play music or watch videos. Also the surface (Black Trax) of the laptop is the same as the cursor pad as well as the click buttons which is a feature I can over look but some people will find it annoying when navigating. I would recommend this laptop for the price and it is a quality product. Windows 8 takes some time to get use too because of the apps but it's a cool experience.

Buy Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320 15.6-Inch Laptop (Satin Black Trax) Now

I'm a college student so I just needed a laptop that I could get my HUGE workload done on. This was the ticket. At an amazing price I couldn't pass it up. Yeah that sound is not that great and the camera is a little fuzzy , but then again, that's not what I bought it for. So far I like windows 8. I'm still learning to navigate it but I'm sure with time it will be just fine. The shipping of the product was very very fast so no complaints there.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320 15.6-Inch Laptop (Satin Black Trax) Here

I have been using this laptop on a daily basis since the beginning of March and it is still working great. No glitches or anything.

Want Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320 15.6-Inch Laptop (Satin Black Trax) Discount?

This much CPU for less than $400 and bolted onto that gorgeous Toshiba LCD, makes it a super cheap and just damn fast laptop for a real deal of a price. This is full powered FasterBastard for less than what most junky Celeron netbooks cost.

Let me give the highlights, you can read the appended comment for links to the downloads and longer detail if you're still indecisive:

++ It has one the brightest and lustrous screens you've ever seen on a laptop / that you've every seen in the world. My wife has an iPad with w Retina Display, I also own an exotic OLED (LCD made of electrified algae) and this cheap o laptop beats the Retina and thinly surpasses the stupidly overpriced smuggled OLED.

++ It is fast and responsive, clicking applications and menus just launches them with light bulb speed, and that is still with a BOTTLENECKED 5,400 RPM hard drive. You can install and SSD and it will speed up, but you don't need an SSD to be happy with it and it won't really improve the crappy battery life.

++ Cheap to fix, if you gotta perform surgery on it either before or after your warranty expired and you're paying for it out of pocket, ... the most expensive part is ~two hundred bucks for an entire LCD assembly and the lid. The internals are spacious, you could literally store hand tools inside the case it has so much room and that is also its attribute since the motherboard isn't tightly integrated into a single circuit board. Example: When a Lenovo or Vaio power socket wears out, it has to be carefully cut away and masterfully resoldered with a unique part specific to that motherboard. If you mess up, you'll have to replace a $900 motherboard new or take your chances with a used one that might have a dubious origin. A Toshiba power socket is a standard DC jack connected with two wires and sold at Radio Shack for less than $20, no soldering, just four phillips screws, the rest of the parts are just as easy to work on as your pregnant sisters Camaro.

BUT WHAT JUST SUCKS BLUE DOLPHIN MARBLES ////

The Integrated Synaptics Track Pad has to be the cheapest and crappiest one ever made !!!

I'm convinced Tohsiba is buying these trackpads from North Korean prison camps compared to other Synaptics pads on ThinkPads, Sony's even HP's.... they're usable, but the Toshiba trackpad is as pleasant as rubbing an open blister

Consider investing in a wireless mouse, the Microsoft 3000 Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000series is particularly neat since it works before Windows even boots such as during dry screen startup and POST power up and without installing drivers. It works must as well as their $100+ devices and from auditorium length distances. You can use a Bluetooth mouse / keyboard and Bluetooth performance is good, BE WARNED THE MICROSOFT MOUSE INTERFERES WITH THE BLUETOOTH AND SHOULD BE PLUGGED INTO THE OPPOSITE SIDE OR EVEN FURTHER AWAY WITH A USB EXTENDER SANOXY 15 Foot USB 2.0 Extension Cable OR IT MIGHT DROWN OUT THE BLUETOOTH SIGNALS.

Could they have made it any more awkwardly sized, try finding a good backpack to carry it in and you'll end up buying a bitch bag purse of unisex color since its too long for most backpacks and you'll end up at a Sporting Goods store measuring rifle cases or finding only fuschia bags from American Apparel. Its cool if you're a girl but finding the right kind of heavy and properly dimensioned nylon / kevlar case for this thing will be a quest unto itself.

The whole damn thing is made of a high gloss polished plastic that makes it as slippery and hard to hold onto as an eel skin soaked in KYJelly!!! The rubber feet on the bottom don't matter, this thing can still slide off a cheap leather sofa and if you're clumsy, get ready to work on those internal parts or consider buying the damage protection since it seems to be accident prone. Toshiba listened to their customers and also make the "L" series / "Brushed Chrome" versions that are the same performance, nicer synaptic pads and even better feeling keyboards for less than $50 more.

I purchased three Toshiba Satellites in as many weeks, two C855's and an L755, the first one was so frustrating and the LCD broke after closing it on an SD memory card forgotten on the keyboard, the Toshiba Tech Support was so larcenous I literally stabbed the laptop with a screwdriver. What the hell, the screen was already broken and it was immensely satisfying in ways that I can't properly describe. I was still hypnotized by the cheap speed of it and bought an identical one and parked it two counties away at a friends house and RDP'd to it in case I felt compelled to kill it too, I'd have some miles to separating us and time to calm down. That is the fastest $600 64bit Server I'VE ever built.

Reading the reviews, learned about the L series, sorta like a better trim model BMW with nicer interior and quieter ride and I'm determined to buy nothing else from now on.

For years I was a Thinkpad biggot, but using an overpriced Lenovo now along with its well known quirks just feels like unsatisfying kinky sex compared to a Toshibit. I'll be replacing my familys ThinkPads with Toshibas in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment