Lenovo G560 Series 067999U Laptop (Black)

Lenovo G560 Series 067999U LaptopIf you want a basic laptop with excellent price to performance, this is a good choice. Looks and feels sturdy, minimum flex, relatively light, excellent display (fonts could be sharper), very nice keyboard, DVD writer, and enough RAM (4GB) and HD (320 GB) for normal home use. No HDMI port, weak sound, and no fancy bells and whistles. Battery life seems to be reasonable (3 hrs fully charged on a 6-cell battery). Overall, an excellent value for money, especially compared to similarly configured Dell, Sony, or Toshiba (which cost anywhere from $150 to $250 more).

I'll keep this review short and sweet. This laptop is perfect for those looking to do every day tasks.

Pros:

1. Great price for performance. Although I upgraded the SSD, which made a significant improvement, even without the laptop is quick.

2. Easy to upgrade, if desired. Removing the back panel reveals the CPU and hard drive bay. Personally I had a 80GB SSD sitting around from my previous laptop so I replaced the 320GB HD with it. Huge improvement, instantaneous loading is FTW.

3. Good battery life. After a few discharges, I'm currently getting ~3 hours of battery life with non-intensive use.

Cons:

1. Headphone static when laptop is plugged in. Not overwhelming but clearly there. Seems to be a common issue with G560's.

2. Laptop charger cord is a little short. Another foot would have been much appreciated.

Buy Lenovo G560 Series 067999U Laptop (Black) Now

Okayfirst things first.

This laptop is NOT high end. I am used to that as I am typing on a 6 year old Everex machine that I have pared down to run very smoothly and has never given my any problems that I did not create. SO. I understand low-end, economy, yet I want it to do the max possible for the dollar. This is it in my opinion. Even though it is not top-notch in some areas, what you get for around $400 or so, I feel is WELL worth this small expense.

Some highlights.

Textured plastic case. No fingerprints. Some have remarked negatively about the touchpad. It is textured as wellthat may be their issue. So, at first, when you are using it, your finger does not slide easily. It is a matter of pressure as I got used to it within a minute.

It is a dual core Pentium, albeit a basic one. No hyperthreading and some of the other tech that takes basic to WOW. Big HDD for the pricespin speed is 5400 on the HDD. Hmmmmm. As it saysfor surfing, burning the occasional disc off, and general computing needs, I think that this does a great job.

We have kids, and I was worried about OneKey restore being right there for all to see on the upper part of the deck above the keyboard! Yikes. Can't disconnect the use of the key (at least I haven't found a way yet), but it can be password protected. So I am cool with that.

It is relatively light @ not quite 6 lbs. Replacement batteries aren't that expensive, and, should you need to go portable around the house, 4 hours is plenty to sit and research something, or do a bit more. Haven't done much else with it, so I may come back and list some other plusses or minuses as they arise.

Bottom linethe computer that this is replacing, another Everex that utterly died after almost all day, everyday use for about 5 years, met our expectations(not exceeded) THIS Lenovo will continue to exceed.

Update: 3.15.2011

Still great. After loading up all that we needed to, our programs, photos, screensaver, extras, catching up on all of the updates from various and sundry places... still GREAT. Web: Browsing is only a second or two delay and then nearly instantaneous on filling out the whole page. Do remember that this machine is not tops on anythingso I find the speed exceptional. I had 3 different programs in various stages of loading, downloading, and installation, and they were all done in lightspeed fashion, with no locking up, no hold ups, no hitches. Done in a New York Minute.

Keyboard is well arranged, responsive, and does not miss a beat. Dual number key pads... sometimes an assistance.

Hate to say it, never been overboard on Microsoft products, but Seven is good. No problems so far, like Vista. Always had to come up with workarounds for that OS. Ugh. Not so here. All set up and customized. Works GREAT and without any hitches with the various Freeware that I use. You know, let me touch on that one.

I have NEVER had a computer crash due to anything other than hardware failure due to heavy use and age. With that said, here are the programs that I like to use, again it is all Freeware, and all of it is from CNET. Here is the list, in order of use to clean up your system entirely:

Free Registry Fix

COMODO System Cleaner

IObit Advanced System Care

Spyware Terminator

IObit Smart Defrag #2 Beta

I find that these programs work very well together, no matter what OS you use from XP through Windows 7, cause no conflicts, and keep your system totally clean of everything, and running as fast as is possible.

Screen quality is great. Very tight for roughly 720 video and picture quality.

Lastlysound quality is great. Once you dive into Windows to customize your setting, you come across an area of sound customization, including I believe 10 band graphic equalizer, or presets like concert, rock, or classical and the likeand, then you can set up the 3d perceptual range and some other functions. Very nice. Makes these little speakers sound so much better, so much more presence, and even, dare I say it, a little note of 3D digitally manipulated Bass? Surprising, but true!

Buy this computer. I love it, and have had an easy time of things using it, setting it up, and the customization of Windows is a lot of fun.

Buy it. I have no cons on this for the price. Not one.

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo G560 Series 067999U Laptop (Black) Here

Everything is fine. Looks good. Screen, Keyboard, battery life is good (over 3 hours). Does not get hot however long you use. Lighter than expected. Only the sound quality is a bit dull and low. I would recommend to friends, acquaintances with a tight budget.

Want Lenovo G560 Series 067999U Laptop (Black) Discount?

So far, this laptop has been wonderful. Windows-7 is a bit of a learning curve if you're used to XP (like I am), but so far it's been simple to use. My only complaint is this product came with some bloat/crapware along with important Lenovo software--I accidentally uninstalled something thinking it was bloatware only to realize it was a needed file (it was Easy-Camera). Re-downloading the needed software resulted in being given the runaround (in the end, I had to download a Vista version of the program because Windows7-64 bit just wouldn't work with the download). It would be nice if Windows would more clearly specify what's an important file versus what's not (not just specifying for system files) so the laymen out there don't accidentally delete things, but oh well.

When the fan blows, it's rather quiet. I haven't had any issues of the laptop overheating. The speed is wonderful, too, very fast. The image quality and sound is pretty good, I haven't had much problems compared to the other reviews. What's also interesting is you have the option to create a face-recognition log-in using the camera instead of signing it; it's a neat touch.

For those who use word-processing files, you'll have to either buy Office or go with something like Openoffice instead (the latter of which I did). This laptop also comes with McAfee, which I ditched that in favor of Spybot and Avira; it's best to go with your personal preference for virus/spyware protection.

Overall, I'm VERY pleased with the quality of this laptop. Highly recommended!

Save 11% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment