Lenovo ThinkPad T400 7417

Lenovo ThinkPad T400 7417If you're like me and can't live without the ThinkLight or pointer mouse then the new T line is for you. With the new 25w mobile cpu (P8400 in my case) it runs cool enough to not need an additional platform cooler while on your lap (it doesn't blow hot air either). From the first reports they must have repositioned the Thinklight because my doesn't blind me (it's inside the bezel more now I think). You might want to download the additional Keyboard Customizer program from Lenovo to disable the forward and back web keys that are next to the Up arrow. I kept pressing them by mistake and causing all kinds of problems.

Pros: Thinklight. pointer mouse (hate those aweful touchpads! disabled mine). thin and light. Great battery life even with just 6 cell. Single latch switch. Cool running cpu. Bought through Ebay (ellan_mouse) for only $750 after 10% ebay discount with no tax or shipping charges (now that's a deal!). Keyboard feels the same (not flexy like other reports). XP Pro still available.

Cons: Screen off to the right, widescreen (I like tall more than wide), lcd screen not the brightest and bad off angle viewing (might be good for security and keeping peepers away though). Had to install program to disable keyboard buttons (forward/back web page buttons). Speakers sound tiny. I don't know if it's my Airlink 150N router but I'm only getting 72Mb top speed from its 5100N wireless. Not as easy to add memory as older units (must remove keyboard bezel now).

Seems like a lot of Cons but at this price I am not complaining. I have a huge home system so my T400 is just a stripped down unit with XP Pro (not whista), only 1 gb of memory (everything running uses less than 700 Mb), intel video, dvd only reader (I use flash drives and only burn dvds on my home unit). Didn't make sense to pay another $300 for options (video, burner) that my home unit can do better and faster. I still use the T400 way more at home for doing most things. I just got the T400 so I don't know if it will last as long as my old T22 has (still running when I sold it) but I hope so! It may not be the prettiest unit but it's light, fast, cheap and practical for the discriminating user.

If you want a performance laptop with durability and reliability, look no more. ThinkPads have been the top of the line laptops for IBM and now Lenovo. I bought this for half the price of what a MacBook Pro costs and performed some easy installation upgrades such as Solid State drive and 8GB of Ram. With a Macbook you have to do a bit more work just to perform these tedious upgrades (Apple doesn't like it when you open up their products).

This Laptop is lightning fast, the keyboard is a joy to type on, speakers are great, webcam view is clear and the very cool thing about this laptop is the Ultra bay hot swap. If you don't use the CD/DVD recordable drive as much, you can easily eject it by pressing the Ultra bay eject tab and insert an additional battery or an extra hard drive for backups. This feature is very very cool and you can't do that on a MacBook Pro!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit runs flawlessly (thanks to Microsoft)and by far is the best Windows version Microsoft has ever built. The BitLocker encryption is a plus which allows you to encrypt USB, SD cards, folders, files or the hard drive itself for extra protection. But if you want security, this laptop has another cool feature..it has an accurate fingerprint reader that allows you to associate any finger with your password(s). In other words, no more typing passwords to log into Windows. When you boot up your laptop, it prompts you to swipe your finger and presto! Without the finger swipe, no thief or intruder can wipe or access or remove your hard drive without that finger print. You can't do that on a Macbook Pro!!

Finally, I love the so called rollcage technology (durable frame inside)that guards it from those accidental drops. It also has a cool drain technology for those accidental spills...you can't do that on Macbook Pro!

So do yourself a favor, if want want more bang for your buck with all these extra goodies and performance, get a ThinkPad! I also highly recommend uninstalling any Lenovo software you may not want to use just to free up some space. I only use Lenovo update software, Fingerprint and Power Manager. Those are all you need!

$1600 for top of the line ThinkPad with goodies vs. $2200 for a Macbook Pro (without SSD or 8GB Ram)....the choice is obvious!

Buy Lenovo ThinkPad T400 7417 Now

The refurbished Thinkpad I received from Tampa Laptops wasn't the 7417 listed, it was a 6478 very similar model, but it has only 3 USB ports instead of 4, and a 4 cell battery rather than a 6 cell. It also has a 160 GB HDD instead of 80 GB, so I'm more than happy with the substitution. I expected the battery would be weak, but it still had more than 86% of its capacity so it will be good for a while. I was planning to upgrade the HDD, but now I don't need to, and I've never needed 4 USB ports so it's all good.

It was shipped very promptly, and was well packed with 3 layers of bubble wrap for protection. It's in excellent condition, everything works fine. I have nothing but praise for the vendor.

These Thinkpad T400s are really nice. Good solid metal case with strong metal hinges the screen stays at the angle you put it. I has good wide viewing angles side-to-side, less so up-and-down, and the image is very crisp. The keyboard is great, I wish I had one as nice on my desktop. It never gets hot if it's really pushed hard, noticeably warm air blows out of the vents, but nothing uncomfortably hot. Easy to work on, too if I decide to add more RAM just need to take off the palm rest, held on by 4 screws, to get at it. The optical drive pops out and can be hot-swapped with other accessories even another HD.

I love this thing. I feel like I got a really great deal.

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo ThinkPad T400 7417 Here

The battery life is long 6.5 hour with surprising low heat. I can use it for hours without any burning feeling. The weight is just tolerable with big enough screen. It is the best laptop that i have ever used.

Want Lenovo ThinkPad T400 7417 Discount?

I purchased my computer new back in the summer of 2008. This has been one of the best computers I have owned. I usually replace my computers every three years however this one works so great I see no reason to make the change. This computer gets heavy use and works like new. Its on in my household between 2-4 hours a day without a single issue. This is my 4th Lenovo, replacing my older T61, and I was thinking about a T410 and see no need. Nothing special (besides tablets) has been developed to justify a new purchase. I would highly recommend the Lenovo T400.

0 comments:

Post a Comment