Lenovo IdeaPad U260 08763BU 12.5-Inch Ultraportable Laptop (Mocha Brown)

Lenovo IdeaPad U260 08763BU 12.5-Inch Ultraportable LaptopThis is my first PC in almost a decade, so the fact that I even purchased it over a Mac in the first place speaks volumes about this little computer. I've owned it for a little over a month now, so I think it would be fair to say I can assess its tru value at this point. I was impressed by the specs, looks, and size, and for the price (including free xbox with amazon student deal) it really can't be beat in the ultraportable market. I would recommend anyone considering a Sony, Apple, or Samsung ultraportable look into this model as well.I was looking for something this size and weight, with decent specs, but not a blazingly fast, top-of-the line performer. I'm used to the $2000 and up, upgraded Macbook Pros, so I know performance and reliability when I see it, and this thing meets my expectations and more.

Pros:

Perfect size and shape (same thickness and weight as 2010 Macbook Air)

Plenty fast and reliable (though not an i7, or 2011 MBA)

Great looks (I actually prefer the flat rounded-smooth shape and color instead of Macbook)

Very nice keys trackpad

Decent screen

Decent Webcam

Good software included (Good version of Windows 7 64-bit, Little bloatware)

Cons:

Keyboard not backlit (I still look at my keys sometimes, so typing in dark is hard)

No SD card slot (Not a dealbreaker obvuiously, but would have been nice)

Battery underwhelming (2.5 to 4 hours isn't bad, but competitors are getting 9 from a charge)

Unless you are a superuser, and you need gaming on the go, or video and music editing, this will be more than enough for you. If you want to be doing very processor intensive tasks, then ultraportable probably isn't your class anyway.

Pro: Love the design, and the screen is amazing. Very light.

Con: Only two USB, intergrated battery hope it will not die on me soon, no SD card slot, a bit slow in time even with a i5 processor

Buy Lenovo IdeaPad U260 08763BU 12.5-Inch Ultraportable Laptop (Mocha Brown) Now

got the Orange U260 .... 1st impression is that it is very lightweight, handy and the screen is very good. Speed is not exceptional but is adequate for its class. the keyboard felt really good and the system is really queit. I looked at the specs and was really good.

Here are the cons:

When I bought the system I read it could go up to 8gb! but the system I have only can stay at 4gb! it suppose to have 2 slots of memory! but after calling Lenova I found out that not all models have that! So! its a big Minus to me when I try to upgrade the memory .

Access to HD and memory is really difficult. since it is kind of a self contain unit and not able to change things out.

3rd issue is the battery cannot be easily change !have to pretty much strip the unit to get to it! if you do decide to have a spare! since the battery life on this unit is not impressive! rated at 4hr! but I am getting more like 3 hr max!

Overall! was a bit dissapointed with some of these items I mentioned! other than that! I loaded up Office 2007, Adobe Photoshop CS5, and even run some of my game well.

DaveC

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo IdeaPad U260 08763BU 12.5-Inch Ultraportable Laptop (Mocha Brown) Here

I purchased this laptop 5 months ago. I loved the color and thinness of the laptop. At 33 days old, it would not start up at all and had to be sent in for repair. It was returned not properly functioning, so it had to be sent back. Now 4 months after that the hard drive has to be replaced again. I have purchased many brands of laptops and have never had any problems within the first 2 years. This laptop is awful and the customer service is worse. Please reconsider making this purchase. I had heard good things about Lenovo products, but I regret buying this laptop. I am already in the market for a new computer 5 months after my purchase because this product is too unreliable for a law student, and I am only certain of one thing my new laptop will not be a Lenovo.

Want Lenovo IdeaPad U260 08763BU 12.5-Inch Ultraportable Laptop (Mocha Brown) Discount?

I needed a light but large screen laptop for travel. Well this worked out. I do web development with PHP, Dreaamweave, MS Asp.Net and Flash / Flex. I run MySQl and several machine intense software. Never an issue.

Works great, fast, and easy to carry. I plan to buy another for my trip overseas. Wouldn't be without it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment