Sony VAIO Pro SVP11213CXB 11.6-Inch Core i5 Touchscreen Ultrabook (Carbon Black)

Sony VAIO Pro SVP11213CXB 11.6-Inch Core i5 Touchscreen UltrabookThe form-factor is great, the screen is very impressive and the overall experience is good. There are quite a few 'buts' however... While, perhaps ironically, the fan noise is fine at high speeds, at slow speeds it's just annoying. In a quiet environment you can hear a constant 'rattle' or 'whir' that changes frequency depending on the fan speed. Initially I thought I had a defective model, but I've heard from others that they noticed the same thing. This is hard to forgive as its main competitor the MacBook Air is dead silent at low fan speeds. This was the biggest disappointment by far for me, and it's a constant reminder I perhaps should've gone for the Air instead.

The other issues are currently being fixed with driver updates, but with the standard set of software / drivers I had the following experience:

It would not always go to sleep when closing the lid

When it wakes up from sleep the WiFi doesn't work anymore, and it blue-screens Windows 8 when you fiddle with it

The touch-pad is flaky at times and does not respond to taps

It would take up to 20 seconds before it would restart or shut-down. The start-up time is amazing at almost instant, but I've gotten annoyed with having to wait for it to shutdown or restart.

Even though I've set it to not adjust the brightness automatically, it would continue to continuously adjust brightness

I've re-installed Windows 8 and cherry-picked drivers / software and it seems to do much better now. The latest versions of drivers fix a lot of issues, and some of the bugs are to be expected with a brand new machine, so it's definitely not a major fault.

Because the hardware is so new, Linux is somewhat of a challenge to install (you need a 3.10+ kernel, custom patches from Intel to get the 7260 WiFi chip going and a kernel hack to get the CPU frequency scaling to work correctly,) but the experience is excellent in Linux. I'd say it was better than Windows 8 out of the box.

If it weren't for the fan noise, I'd recommend this little machine in a heartbeat. As it stands, it's a great attempt from Sony, but it falls short for me on a few things (noise and stability).

I've recently read the article; one company which based on south korea were hiring students TO LET THEM WRITE NEGATIVE REVIEWS on major websites. Therefore, don't trust much about negative reviews!! It seems like some reviewers are writing negative comments,even they had not the product bought through amazon. I wonder why they want to spend their time to make such efforts...!?

I think it is very hard to read REAL/TRUE REVIEWS, there are actually fake reviews everywhere to promote their business...

Buy Sony VAIO Pro SVP11213CXB 11.6-Inch Core i5 Touchscreen Ultrabook (Carbon Black) Now

I bought a sony VAIO pro 13 with datavision seller ( really no problems with this seller,very good service), inmediatly that I tried to initial configuration the wifi signal drops each five minutes.I tried ANYTHING for to resolve this Little big problem, nothing, and I followed each step that SONY tecnical support online give me, without any solution.

No one Word from SONY tecnical support or costumer service about fixing or software update.

Worst.... I tried with sony VAIO pro 11 with the local seller.... AND THE SAME PROBLEM ??? HOLLY GOD!!!

them I searched in the web, for to find that this problem is the same WORLDWIDE!

http://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Hardware-Networking/New-Sony-Vaio-Pro-Wifi-Issue/td-p/143557

I'm a loyal user from sony, but with this bug, in the future I'll avoid to buy a VAIO laptop

Unexcusable this class of issues from a High level company so like Sony

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO Pro SVP11213CXB 11.6-Inch Core i5 Touchscreen Ultrabook (Carbon Black) Here

I bought this laptop (not through Amazon) and immediately had issues with the power jack. It was sent in to tech service and repaired. Six months later I had the same problem and once again sent it back. This time they refused to fix the power jack and claimed it had been "tampered with" as evidenced by the presence of glue (an improper method of repair) and refused to repair under warranty. They were the ones who had done the first repair. No amount of arguing on my part could get them to take responsibility. This was my worst experience with any tech department ever on any product. NEVER again will I buy a SONY anything.

Want Sony VAIO Pro SVP11213CXB 11.6-Inch Core i5 Touchscreen Ultrabook (Carbon Black) Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment