Dell XPS XPS14-3636sLV 14-Inch Ultrabook

Dell XPS XPS14-3636sLV 14-Inch UltrabookI searched a lot of sites and reviews before finally deciding on getting the XPS 14 and I was not disappointed.

The Good:

It is solid, fast and with Windows 8, it is even more fast and presents an enjoyable experience. It is also very solid and stable and you can see the materials used are top quality. It is really good.

The battery life is around 7 9 hours of regular use and it boots and shuts down in 7-10 seconds. Really quick. This can be due to to SSD portion of the drive and also Windows 8

The bad:

Keyboard: The keyboard will need getting used to as they are not like your regular keyboard but once you re used to it, you will enjoy the feel of it.

***Display: The display is good and crisp but when you look closely to the display, the images are not definite and does not look perfect for an HD display. But it is ok and manageable. I am not sure if it is the notebook or it is Windows 8.

***Update: After video driver updates picture quality is much better and HD videos are truly HD. Nice nice now.

Touch Pad: Another new from dell that needs a lot of getting used to. The touchpad is larger and sometimes when typing, there is a likelihood you will touch it. So again, it will take you are while to get used to it.

The mouse has just a line dividing the clicks and you will need some time as well to adjust when right-clicking. The clicks make some sound I don't actually like but well, I am getting used to it.

Weight: It is heavier than the average ultrabook but hey, it is loaded with heavy materials and content.

Ports: No Serial/VGA port, 2 USBs which I think is not enough, No CD/DVD drive. But you can get some of the connectors on Amazon and use the mini port to get VGA etc.

Wifi: Dell confirmed they had fixed the wifi issue but I still experience some disconnections to the wifi once in a while. Not really good though.

It can also get a little hot sometimes.

On the whole, I think it is one of the best notebooks/Ultrabooks I have used yet. It is fast, solid, intuitive, and almost perfect and I wil recommend it to everyone if you can ignore the minor flaws.

It is a good buy for me ad I think it is a real competitor to the MacBook Pro (but not in display).

I will recommend this ultrabook.

I ve been very dispointing by the wireless capability of this PC.

I should have read the review , I am experiencing trouble with the wireless card ( hard to make it work more than 10 feet away from the router, very unstable, create instability on the network even for other users)...

I called dell 3 times already they finally send someone to change the wireless card, the technician came, but without the card... he has to come back again...

That may be that I am unlucky and got the wrong one, but I read other review about trouble with the wireless capability of this PC.

UPDATE : DELL Send a tecnician to my place, ;ore than 2 weeks after I reported the issue ( supposed to have a Next business day on site warranty included with this XPS). Technician came a first time, without the wireless card. Technician came a second time 1 week later, change the wireless card, then it was still having issue, he left and tell me : I am only in charge of hardware, this maybe software.

I bought this computer a month ago and Wifi is still not working properly, and I spent maybe 4 hours with the technical support....

Buy Dell XPS XPS14-3636sLV 14-Inch Ultrabook Now

This laptop works great, feels great and looks great. It is heavier than a standard ultrabook it's hardware is beefier and it even feels sturdier. How many ultrabooks have dedicated graphics cards? The speed and battery life is great. The keyboard and touchpad take a while to get used to but, it feels great once you do. Screen is quite bright is detailed, fun to watch movies on. The battery life is a pleasant surprise.

Ports: there are only two USB ports on the 14", so one more would be ideal. The video ports are HDMI and mini-dvi, so hi def reigns (outdated VGA ports should never be included on quality machines). The ethernet port is cleverly designed and the audio port doubles as a microphone port.

This laptop loses one star because the left side of the touch pad sinks slightly lower than the right side.

Overaall, Very sturdy, powerful computer and a great buy. Great alternative to a macbook pro. Heavier and thicker than most ultrabooks, but more powerful too.

Read Best Reviews of Dell XPS XPS14-3636sLV 14-Inch Ultrabook Here

My original review was 1 star because the laptop would not restart after shut down. I didn't want to deal with technical support for a brand new laptop so I requested a replacement. It worked fine until I tried to restart the laptop. Same problem, the Dell splash screen appeared but Windows did not load. This was a bit different because I was able to get into Setup easily and this was a problem with the earlier laptop. I did decide to call technical support since I suspected a driver conflict or something similar. I had to change a hard disk setting in the Setup menu and the tech support guy installed all Windows updates remotely. (Dell tech support is really good, by the way.) That solved that problem.

I did notice however occasional and brief WiFi dropouts so I checked Dell technical support and changed the settings on the WiFi adapter. Note: the Intel adapter on the laptop was not identical to the one on the support page so I was not able to change one of the properties. I'll wait to see if the changes I made did work and if not, another call to tech support.

It seems that some initial tweaking is required to get this laptop sync'ed with Windows 8, drivers, adapter, etc. However, the laptop is very fast and Windows 8 loads very quickly after fixes.

So if you don't mind a little tweaking, this laptop is a good purchase. You can check the reviews to verify this.

Windows 8 is another issue with software incompatibility, etc. but you will have to deal with this with any new laptop or computer that you buy right now.

Want Dell XPS XPS14-3636sLV 14-Inch Ultrabook Discount?

Very nice quality, just a little bit expensive. I made a mistake, I used to think ultra book is the touch screen, but actually not.

this is my personal mistake, nothing to do with the seller. the Product is excellent and fashion outlook.

Save 10% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment