Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Laptop Notebook - AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core 2.0GHz, 2GB DDR2, 250GB

Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Laptop Notebook - AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core 2.0GHz, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 15.6' WXGA, Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW, 802.11b/g, Windows Vista Home PremiumI bought this laptop in april of 2009. I upgraded the RAM from 2 to 4 GB's. I had to replace the screen recently but that was due more to my cat sitting on it. The computer its self is great. I upgraded from Vista to 7 and it runs that flawlessly. I have also booted Ubuntu and it recognized everything. I expect this laptop to last me another 5 years at least. Its a great computer if taken care of properly. I only had to format it once but that was due more to user error. The USB on the left side broke awhile back and i have yet to get it replaced. I would definitely purchase another for my wife.

Paid $300 for this laptop and a year and a half later it's proven to be a good buy. You really can't beat the price. I don't game much but I have run WOW on it and it does fine. A little lag when you go to Daleran but otherwise it's great. Short battery life but it's always plugged in anyway. It tends to get really hot really fast so be sure to ventilate properly as another reviewer suggested.

Buy Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Laptop Notebook - AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core 2.0GHz, 2GB DDR2, 250GB Now

Bought one at MicroCenter with my severance package when laid off in 2009. Used at my little start-up business, at home, in hotels around the US, in customer offices.

Only two "complaints": Shiny keyboard limits where you want your lighting placed; no built-in webcam.

I have used it with the factory Vista Home Premium, Ubuntu, Mepis, and will soon upgrade to W7...

Read Best Reviews of Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Laptop Notebook - AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core 2.0GHz, 2GB DDR2, 250GB Here

I purchased for $300

Pros:

Running Ubuntu Linux 10.04, all devices recognized and work

You can use Vista for light gaming, it has pretty good power with the Nvidia card

No frills, simple essential system

Upgradable to 4 hour battery

Large harddrive

Nice look

Cons:

Default install is Microsoft Vista

No builtin webcam

Can be heavy to carry for extended periods

Default battery life lasts about 1.5 hour with moderate use

Can get very hot without proper ventilation

May scratch easily on top of the polished case (I covered it with laminate film to protect it)

I would buy it again.

Want Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Laptop Notebook - AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core 2.0GHz, 2GB DDR2, 250GB Discount?

It is fully of bloatware. that nags the heck out of you to buy, buy, buy!!!! Dang nabit, pop ups! So, the stupid OS has become corrupt and i now need to do a system recovery. I have gotten my second set of recovery disk from HP and they still won't do the reinstall. I keep getting Error 1005. Yes, I have called numerous times and they want me to buy additional phone service for $100 to trouble shot and then additional $$$$ to actually fix the dang computer. I should have just bought a better computer. Maybe next time I'll get a Toshiba.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like your writing style. Such a nice Post, Can’t wait for the next one.

Acer - 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Silky Silver

Acer - 14" Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Silky Silver (V5-471P-6499)

Unknown said...

I enjoy what you’ve got right here, adore what you’re stating and the way you say it.This is a very interesting article.
Lenovo laptops Click here

Post a Comment