Toshiba Satellite S875-S7376 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum)

Toshiba Satellite S875-S7376 17.3-Inch LaptopThe sound system is very good; very light weight, but several other facets about this computer have caused me to complain; most importantly the wireless internet connection is horrible. From day one we had problem with the download speed, we did speed test and got only .07 mbps, then try two other old laptops at the same spot and got about 9.0 mbps. We sent it to be repaired .three times in one month period, wireless card replaced, updated, re imaged and so forth, and they sent it back and say it is fixed, but it is not. We got several computer geeks in the family look at it they all believe the wireless card and etc. is poorly designed. in fact I have a satellite A505 as well that had the wireless problem but not as bad as this one, we are not happy with it and it is more than two months past from purchasing date, but more than a month was in the repair facility. However they cannot fix it and they will not give us a refund. We are in process of taking them to Court. For more information please see the video on you tube.

The Toshiba arrived from Amazon with easy to comprehend instructions. The new Windows 8 took some time to comprehend. However, once learned, it became easy to navigate. I especially like the redundancies--different ways to get to certain programs or files.

One drawback, however, is the keyboard. A person must hit the keys directly in the middle; hitting the keys on the sides will not register letters when writing.

Because the computer is great otherwise, I invested in a portable keyboard to attach to my computer.

Buy Toshiba Satellite S875-S7376 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum) Now

After owning one Toshiba and having very good luck with it, I ordered one of these high-end laptops. Toshiba P870 to be my all around computer. After spending 20 hours setting it up I tried to rip a CD. The drive is not recognized. After searching the issue it sounds like this is a common occurrence with this model. After several aggravating hours on the phone with support I am still having issues. The only thing they would do for me is send me to a paid support service. Imagine a brand new 1500$ laptop that is a week old and you have to pay for support? Toshiba I am done with you

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite S875-S7376 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum) Here

Almost didn't purchase based on poor reviews--for the most part I pay a lot of attention to purchaser reviews.

Didn't here because I have always had good experience with Toshiba products & this one offered a great deal for an excellent price--I7 Q4 chip, 8G mem, 1tb hd, dedicated graphics, etc.

The product exceeds my expectations. Very fast, great keyboard, etc. Yup, took me a couple of hours to figure out Windows 8 but what else is new?

We will see on durability, but I think other reviews should be taken cum grano salis in this case.

Want Toshiba Satellite S875-S7376 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum) Discount?

I'd shopped around for several months and narrowed it down to this and another model that cost $400 more... for the same specs. The other model, you were literally paying for the manufacturer's name. I've owned two other Toshibas and both lasted me over four years each, so I'm pretty confident in the Toshiba brand.

This thing has a better GPU than the two cards I have Crossfired in my desktop and handles everything I throw at it. (Note: I did upgrade the RAM to 12 gigs; it comes with 8 gigs)

I'm a digital artist and 3D modeler, and it handles 3DSMax, Maya, Photoshop CS5 Extended, Poser Pro 2012 and Lux Render with graphics tablet input like a champ. Doesn't choke at all. So if you're a gamer, you can buy with confidence knowing this thing will run them with ease (I'm a gamer, but bought this specifically for art and don't have any games loaded on it at the moment. But my desktop occasionally slows down on high poly renders that this laptop renders with ease yet the same desktop can run most games on very high or ultra settings, so that that as a good recommendation).

Another great point is this thing comes out of the box ready to play blurays. Previous models I've owned require you to purchase software in order to view blurays even though there's a bluray combo drive; Toshiba includes the bluray software. Loaded up Game of Thrones Season 2 bluray and it started playing immediately with no problems...and looked stunning on that 17.3 inch screen (the laptop is about 16.3 inches wide, so it'll fit in most bags that will hold a 17 inch laptop). Some have said the keys are tough to type on, but that hasn't been my experience--I've found them to be great and far less "clacky" than any I've had yet. They touchpad can be a bit persnickety though, so I advise a mouse.

Toshiba includes a free copy of Windows 8 for dummies once you register, but do yourself a favor and do a websearch for how to get your Windows 7 start menu back. Windows 8 looks to be a truly wonderful OS for touch screens, but it is pure garbage for standard non-touch systems. A quick web search found me a great program to get rid of that awful touch screen garbage and give me a usable desktop. One star docked for preloading that abomination of an OS on a non-touchscreen and forcing users to figure a way around it to make their computers usable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment