Toshiba Satellite L505-S5993 TruBrite 15.6-Inch Grey/Black Laptop - 2 Hours 25 Minutes of Battery L

Toshiba Satellite L505-S5993 TruBrite 15.6-Inch Grey/Black Laptop - 2 Hours 25 Minutes of Battery LifeThis is my first laptop. I was shopping on black Friday, have heard great things about Toshiba laptops, and they had this one for 499.00 so I said what the heck and got it! I also ordered a wireless router. A few days later the box came and I could not be happier. The best thing about is the the display. It is very sharp, bright, and clear. The keyboard is nice as well. I can't stand the touchpad, but I think that's a common problem with all laptops. I immediately went out and bought a wireless mouse to use with it. The sound is not great either, but again, I think that's common with laptops. It seems pretty sturdy, and runs cool. It does not get hot, and the fan doesn't even run when the ambient temp is around 65 degrees. Setting up the wireless network was a breeze, and when I started up the laptop, it found the signal immediately, and never loses it. The computer is very fast and I have not had one problem. Very satisfied..and wow what a great price I got--this is a well equipped laptop.

I had looked for a while for a laptop after my desktop died and the Toshiba L505 series was one of my finalists. It has not disappointed me and at the price ($499) for the specs (4g ram/500g HD)it has been the a great machine.

One plus with this machine is that it came with very little "bloatware"Norton trial, Microsoft Office 2007 trial, and some games. So, if you buy this machine at a "Box Store" don't let them con you into optimization for an extra $50-$100, you can do recovery disks and bloatware removal on your own.

The only downside is I really wish it had an HDMI output for streaming movies to my flat screen from places like Amazon, but the VGA or USB output will have to suffice.

No HDMI is only reason I didn't give it 5 stars, other machines in this range offer it and hope Toshiba will soon.

Buy Toshiba Satellite L505-S5993 TruBrite 15.6-Inch Grey/Black Laptop - 2 Hours 25 Minutes of Battery L Now

This is my second laptop and my first was Toshiba too. The first one stayed with me for Four years and did start to die.

So I decided to purchase this during the Black Friday Deal and the price was seducing! I got it a few days ago and wow!

This laptop is worth every dollar! The only thing you might consider before purchasing is that the battery doesn't stay too long when unplugged. If you need it for home use then this is it and at an amazing price!

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite L505-S5993 TruBrite 15.6-Inch Grey/Black Laptop - 2 Hours 25 Minutes of Battery L Here

This is my 3rd laptop, 2nd Toshiba. I got one of these on Black Friday for my son, and just ordered another for myself. I love Win 7! There is very little preloaded crap to remove and it is super fast. Having the numeric keypad on the side and an amazing screen add to its sheer awesomeness. The touchpad is ultra cool. I must agree with other reviewers that the sound is lacking, but I did not purchase the laptop to be my primary music player so I still gave it 5 stars. I was shocked when I first closed the laptop, being used to ones that latch. This one doesn't latch and the tension hinge (which keeps it closed in lieu of a latch) wants to slam shut in the last few inches, whereas those that latch have to be pushed all the way closed. It survived that rough close and my 1st Toshiba, four months old and running great for my college student, survived a 3 foot drop onto carpet. If a Toshiba can survive me, it has my loyalty.

Want Toshiba Satellite L505-S5993 TruBrite 15.6-Inch Grey/Black Laptop - 2 Hours 25 Minutes of Battery L Discount?

I bought this machine 2 weeks ago to replace an old personal eMachines laptop, I use an IBM Thinkpad for work. This computer stacks up nicely compared to all the other laptops I've used. First, the screen is very bright and vivid. I love the number pad, it's great not having to hunt and peck for the numbers across the top of the keys. Without a doubt, the memory and RAM are great at this price point. Unfortunately, I didn't get the great deal some others did, but even at $579, it's still a good value. I've already loaded up my iTunes and other applications and it runs smoothly and quickly. It was a breeze to set up.

The only draw back is the touch pad, as others have mentioned. When I bought it, I'd read some reviews that pointed to the frustrations this thing caused, but I figured people were just being picky. They weren't it stinks. First it's a bit hard to see, but that's not such a big deal. The real issue is the application. I've gone in and adjusted the settings every which way possible, I can't get it to function as I want. I ultimately turned off the tapping function (way too sensitive at every setting) and I'm still not happy. I find myself using the pad and it randomly adjusts the zoom level of the screen. I've no doubt that this issue can be resolved with some setting, but I can't find it.

To summarize, the touchpad is bad enough to take away 1 star, but the pros far outweigh this con, especially if you use an external mouse. Do your research, you probably won't find a machine with this much to offer at a similar price point.

0 comments:

Post a Comment