Samsung NP-QX411-W01US Laptop Computer - Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M, 6GB DD

Samsung NP-QX411-W01US Laptop Computer - Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M, 6GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, DVDRW, 14' Display, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, HDMI, WebCamSo far, this machine has everything I could have asked for in a new laptop (and I even purchased it Refurbished)...

Its performance is extremely fast, it pretty much never even gets warm--let alone overheats. It handles multiple demanding applications at once without a problem (e.g. running Photoshop while watching a movie and browsing Firefox with numerous tabs open...

The built in sound system is much louder and better quality than most other laptops I have heard.

The touchpad (and I hate touchpads) I think is the best I've ever used.

The fan is not only super effective at keeping the CPU cool, but its also the quietest fan I've ever encountered. And I mean absurdly quiet. This is really a stand-out feature of the laptop.

BATTERY LIFE:

I don't know what the other guy who reviewer is talking about--my machine has excellent battery life! Maybe he just happened to get the one in 1000 with a faulty battery. In fact, among the surprisingly useful pre-installed "bloatware" programs that every computer company ships their laptops with, there is a "battery life extender" function which gives you the option to only allow the battery to charge to 80% of its capacity, which actually preserves the life of the battery in the long run--an excellent feature for people like me who will be using A/C power most of the time anyway.

The keyboard is just plain sexy. It looks sexy and it feels sexy. Every key is perfectly spaced, it knows exactly which key my finger is aiming for and the "chiclet" or "island style" design makes the computer look so stylish that even mac users will question their choices.

The screen is absolutely brilliant. It has the perfect balance of brightness and reflection/glare from various lighting situations and the glass stretches smoothly from edge to edge (not resting behind some clunky plastic frame like most other laptops.

MINOR COMPLAINTS:

The model advertises a 14 inch screen size, but while most companies measure screen diagonally from one outside corner of the lid to the other, the 14 inch screen that Samsung advertises is only counting the diagonal measurement of the actual display area. If you include the black framing around the display area and measure diagonally from the outside corners of the lid, then it is actually 16 inches exactly. Fortunately for me, this wasn't a major selling point and its pretty much the same size as my last laptop, so it fits perfectly into my old case.

There is no quick-and-easy on/off switch for the touchpad, so when I plug in my USB mouse, I have to go to the mouse settings and disable the touchpad since I find that it (or any laptop's touchpad) can get in the way of typing.

Also, it'd be nice to find a laptop sporting an onboard 5.1 soundcard. I mean its nearly 2012 for crying out loud. That seems like a reasonable request, but I haven't seen any laptop that can hook up a 5.1 sound system without an external converter.

Anyhow, so far I am extremely happy with my purchase. I did a great deal of research and read/watched every review I could find for this model before finally buying it. It has met all my expectations, save for the minor 14 inch size misunderstanding that is. I highly recommend this product.

I waited and did research for this laptop for 3 months and bought it actually at Best Buy as soon as it came out.

Ive been using this laptop for about half an year now and this is one has been just amazing. I decided to write a review because of the poor rating on this product because of the review below on the defective item apparently. I will tell you why I decided to go for this laptop than any others after doing research for months.

PROS

= GREAT PRICE!!!!!!!! For the specs that is better than macbook pro, its almost the half price! Need to say more? i5 processor. 6GB ram. 750GB storage.

= There are way too many pros but first thing you can notice right away is the GREAT DESIGN. Well spread out and designed island style keyboard. Big None-button mousepad also adds to the design. The surface doesn't leave finger marks. And yes, it looks like macbook pro but who cares it looks great and I am a consumer.

= One of the main reasons why this one stood out more than any other laptops as I was originally going to purchase Asus laptop was because of the MULTI-FINGER GESTURE MOUSEPAD just like the one on macbook pro. It has up to FOUR FINGER GESTURE which is VERY VERY VERY useful. Very Very easy to switch between windows. You have to try it to understand.

= Easy customization access. It is very easy to change volume or change the display brightness on this laptop which I have found them very useful while using this laptop.

= Battery life is great! I usually get one full day of use on battery on low light. Depends on how heavy you use it but I think usually lasts about good 8 hours.

= Super fast. Turns on any heavy program in seconds. Very fast boot time. I am too lazy to explain all.

= Very quiet. The noise on this laptop is non-existent.

= Display. It's samsung. Enough said.

CONS these are not major but the things that would've been nice.

= No backlit keyboard. This is not a problem at all but it definitely would have been nice if had one. but it was not an issue for me upon purchasing and still not a problem.

= CD DRIVE. It's the classic PC CD drive on laptop where it pops out and you have to put the CD. I prefer like the one on macbook where you insert in the CD.

I had $1000 HP Pavilion laptop before this one which lasted me only 3 years. It had problems in every way: horrible battery life, terrible display, overheating, SUPER LOUD NOISE, keyboard, etc..... literally in every way!

I learned my lesson and did a careful research for months and I am more than satisfied with this item. DO NOT write reviews on defective items. It has been half an year and still this laptop is the best laptop out there. Get this laptop and won't regret it.

That's it, get this laptop if you are looking for a laptop.

PS. if you want a laptop with the cons above (backlit keyboard and the inserting type CD drive), check out Samsung Series 7 Chronos 14 inch.

Buy Samsung NP-QX411-W01US Laptop Computer - Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M, 6GB DD Now

This is most likely the best laptop I've had to date for the price. I have had all sorts of laptops including the 13in Macbook pro 15in Macbook pro, Asus N53SV, Toshiba satelite, Hp pavillion. This laptop has two things that I wanted for a laptop. Great battery life and decent graphics (Nvidia 525m). The other choice available was the Asus u46 laptop with 8+ battery and 540m graphics. This Samsung laptop however beats it out in a couple of different categories. The screen, keyboard, and audio is better. If only this laptop had a Macbook pro screen (more quality, it is a edge to edge glass screen) and a backlit keyboard then this laptop would easily be the best laptop for under $1000. This laptop easily gets 8+ hours on 80% of battery.

Pros:

Long battery life (8+ on 80%)

Decent graphics (can be overclocked to a 550m)

Decent Screen (Edge to edge glass)

Decent Audio for a laptop

Touchpad (get the synaptics drivers, not at the macbook pro level but one of the best windows touchpads I tried)

750gb hard drive

i5 processor

Price ( I paid $599 at Tigerdirect, compare that to $1200 macbook pro with no dedicated graphics processor)

Never heats up unless your playing games (My macbooks used to become way too hot and that's 2011 model).

Keyboard (nice typing experience but not backlit, a little less quality then macbook pro)

Cons:

No cons just a couple of things that would make it better like macbook pro like screen and backlit keyboard would make this a great laptop. I would have even paid $800 for a laptop like that.

Read Best Reviews of Samsung NP-QX411-W01US Laptop Computer - Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M, 6GB DD Here

After extensive research i have concluded that this laptop is the best within my range. It offers amazing battery life along with exceptional graphics from the Nvidia Geforce drivers. it allows me to play games on the my laptop that me desktop couldn't even handle. combined with the i5 processor and 750Gb of storage its a lethal competitor to laptops everywhere. Recently my sister began looking for a laptop as well and after her research she also settled with the Samsung.It also contains many small features that are easily overlooked such as...

Brushed Aluminum(no more fingerprints or scuffs from cheap plastic covers)

2 usb 3.0 ports (a must have for newer laptops)

spread out keyboard ( no more double pressing keys or junk getting caught for months between the cracks)

Quietfan and less heating (even while running bf3 the fan was subtle and unnoticeable)

good speakers for a simple laptop (headphones are optional)

great battery life( easily 8 hours for simple browsing)

no cons, but if it where to be made better...

put in a backlit keyboard

maybe some bluetooth or blue-ray

gorilla glass

Overall the best buy for the amazing features. i got mine for 670 with shipping from tiger direct.

Want Samsung NP-QX411-W01US Laptop Computer - Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M, 6GB DD Discount?

This laptop is a BEAST. First of all, for my fellow gamers out there, let me say that this thing has pretty much got you covered. It runs Skyrim on high settings, silky smooth. It runs Magicka fine. It runs pretty much everything. Even The Witcher 2, although on medium. Oh, and you know how Minecraft, simple game as it is, can be picky with which computers it runs well on, regardless of specs? Well it runs AMAZINGLY well on this, even if you're hosting a sever at the same time.

Everything is snappy and fast. HD 720p-1080p video on youtube or playing in VLC is lag-free and gorgeous. You can even have quite a few other things open at the same time, alt-tab to your heart's content, and it's totally fine--no freezes or hiccups.

The touchpad is the biggest I've ever seen on a windows laptop and it feels great, although I rarely use it myself, preferring a wireless mouse. The keyboard feels absolutely AMAZING. I do a lot of writing and this laptop is a joy to type on, provided you have some wrist support (or if you don't rest your wrists on anything like you're "supposed" to do.)

Besides the crap software it comes installed with, as does every PC (screw you Norton!), the only negatives I can think of are that the battery is internal, and thus can't be removed. I've unplugged laptops and taken out the battery before to get them to turn off when they freeze up really bad and holding the power button doesn't do anything, so I can see this causing a really bad day for a few people, but it's not a huge deal, in my opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment