HP Pavilion dv6-7020 us 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)

HP Pavilion dv6-7020 us 15.6-Inch LaptopThis computer is fine...except for the audio. Yes, you read that correctly. Despite the fact that one of this computer's big features is Beats Audio, the volume on songs and videos has a mind of its own and fluctuates all the time. HP recently released a driver to fix the problem, which temporarily worked, but the volume fluctuation began to creep back into the audio about a week ago and is once again in full swing. According to the HP Support Forum, the company continues to work on finding a solution. Regardless of whether the problem gets permanently fixed, I find it totally unacceptable that a computer containing a feature geared towards audio went onto the market with such an awful audio flaw. It's downright irresponsible on HP's part and I am severely disappointed.

I was still using an HP dv1170us (vintage 2005) which is still working fine, but it's dated. I wanted a replacement, so I bought its cousin, the HP dv6-7020 figuring it's close enough of a cousin to my old workhorse that I'd just settle into it like a favorite shirt.

A lot of my favorite features are still there. I like being able to turn off the touchpad (it's a double-tap in the upper left corner) when I'm using a trackball, and I like being able to cut the wi-fi off with a button press when I'm watching movies or listen to music (this is, after all, an entertainment laptop) and save some battery life. An improvement is no ports on the back of the laptop. That's a serious plus in a tight space like a library or on a plane when you can't have stuff sticking out of the back of the laptop and have it up against anything like a wall or seat.

Some features I liked are gone. Instant Play is history, no more turning on the laptop to just use as DVD player hardware and double the battery life like my old laptop could do. However, the battery life is improved enough that it's about a wash. I really liked the actual latch to keep the lid shut too, but that's gone on the DV6-7020.

Some features I like are added, for example the HDMI output for a projector or HDTV, the fingerprint scanner for security and the built in webcam, none of which the old entertainment laptop had.

The laptop feels a bit big after the 14" notebook I've been used to, and the difference seems like a lot more than 1.6" going from a 14-inch notebook to a 15.6-inch laptop. I didn't think the added size would make much difference, but it's definitely noticed. It's okay, but this is as big as I'd go with a laptop. Anything bigger is overkill and sort of ruins the goal of portable devices (which is to be portable, of course).

Buy HP Pavilion dv6-7020 us 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

My new laptop arrived today via UPS. I opened the box and had it set up in 5-10 minutes. It is awesome!!! Setting up all my user preferences now. Got on-line in 5 minutes. Got my hotmail & gmail up and running in 10 minutes. Sounds great, looks great. Really happy with it so far. If I run into any problems, I will adjust my rating, otherwise it is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I love it!!!!!!!!! Screen is really big 15" and the keyboard is just right. Love the separate number key pad. Typing is a breeze and keys are all logical and feels great. I would highly recommend this model and brand to anyone! Really love it!

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion dv6-7020 us 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

Sweet little laptop. Lightweight and slim. Faster than the older Dell laptop it replaced. Keys seem a little close but it's smaller computer. The power cord isn't in the best spot, interferes with the mouse since I'm right handed. There are four USB ports, two on each side, and lots of other plug-ins.

Want HP Pavilion dv6-7020 us 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

I recieved this item yesterday and i found nothing is working even the processor. Its completely dead. i just wasted my time calling the HP support team. I just returned this item to amazon. I didnt expect this kind of item from Amazon. They didnt even tested the basic things for the laptop. Beaware of HP laptops, dont expect that everything from HP will work. The customer service can help you only when your machine UP.Unlike Dell, HP will not be giving any door service and you have to ship the new item back to HP for service which is even more horrible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment