Toshiba Satellite L855-S5240 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mercury Silver)

Toshiba Satellite L855-S5240 15.6-Inch LaptopThe computer has met our needs, for daily home activities such as e-mail, MS office tasks, I have also used it to process pictures and that has worked well. USB3 connection is really nice. So far the only issue is that the SD card sticks out when it is in the reader and could get damaged if the computer is set down without using much care. However the real test comes with time, how will it hold up?

The Toshiba computer I ordered through Amazon was as advertised and I received it right on schedule. I would not hesitate to order another Toshiba as I have owned four computers from another major computer company that have all died within 2 and 3 years of purchase. Hopefully this one will stand up.

Buy Toshiba Satellite L855-S5240 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mercury Silver) Now

Wonderful purchase and I was happy to get it when it was on a temporary sale for less than $600.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite L855-S5240 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mercury Silver) Here

Perfect for the price I paid, but to say it's perfect in general would unfortunately be a lie.

I'll start with the positives. The laptop is still running with virtually no damage aside from HDD issue that I'll get to later. I bought it last year in August for school, so it's impressive to see no real issue from then to now. The computer is still fast, has a brilliantly fast start up time, has not blue screened once, and only overheated one time when I accidentally was laying on my side with the computer tilted and blocked the vents. (stupid mistake but it turned back on quickly enough)

The battery is a little on the weak side, only lasting an hour on high, and ~3-4 hours on eco mode. This is after a year, however, so I'm perfectly fine with these stats as I normally have access to an outlet and the charger is pretty small if you coil the cords around the box.

The screen is still perfect with virtually no pixel issues. There's not even a random red dot on the screen which after all my gaming I'm glad to see.

A few screws have fallen out, and I can tell the case is a little loose because of it, but I don't run while I use it so I really have no issue. It hasn't fallen apart and it doesn't feel like it's ever going to.

Touchpad is fine for a casual user, and it gets the job done for me, but any gaming requires a mouse.

The RAM is a GREAT features of this, truly a plus in my eyes. 6gb of RAM is plenty for a much more expensive computer, yet I got this one on sale for 550, so to say I'm content is an understatement. The CPU could be better but this is on a gaming point of view. It runs smoothly, quietly, and in a cool fashion on virtually anything else. I can rest the thing on my lap without it getting hot (though this wasn't the case with the old HDD)

That leads me to that issue. The HDD failed out after 9 months of use. I noticed issues with the laptop getting very warm, and basic games from the 90's being a little sluggish. I took it to my uncle who examined it and said the HDD was probably going to fail the next day. He tried to transfer my data out of it but most of it was lost due to failure (But I maintained my music thankfully)

A week later the laptop has a nice SSD. I would have liked to have used the HDD as an external source for all my movies and music, but you never know when an HDD will fail. Could last 10 years, or 10 minutes.

I enjoyed the 750 gb of room it had, but my SSD is truly better. With it, I almost never have to use the fan to cool down the system in the winter, and turning my fan on and pointing it where I'm sitting is enough in the Summer unless I'm doing something extensive like a game or Microsoft Visual.

That leads me to the GPU which is below average for games as it's integrated and intel. But it runs everything perfectly fine outside of games. It can even run Skyrim on low (most likely due to the rest of the computer being much better in comparison and having 6 gigs of RAM to leech off of) so I don't have to go without games entirely. It even runs Minecraft on Normal Draw Distance, which isn't exactly an easy feat. For the budget gamer, this definitely is a valid choice.

To say I'm satisfied with the $500 computer is an understatement. It has lasted a year without any parts except the HDD failing. Even so, Hard drives can be sketchy even in high end laptops and I doubt many will have similar scenarios. The SSD I got was only 180 so all in all I spent 700 on a laptop that does everything I want it to, starts up fast, can do everything I need in school, and can even game a little. I really love the Satellite line of laptops, and if you have to buy Toshiba, I'd recommend this laptop.

It isn't perfect, but compared to other $500 laptops it's top tier.

Want Toshiba Satellite L855-S5240 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mercury Silver) Discount?

This was purchased new and it lasted all of 9 Months. Out $700.00 in less than One year the mother board is gone.

Junk, Avoid this lap top Don't Buy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment