Acer Aspire V5-571P-6831 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Silky Silver)

Acer Aspire V5-571P-6831 15.6-Inch Touchscreen LaptopI bought this product at my local electronics store. I have no major problems with this laptop, but the wireless adapter seems to fail constantly. I have connected to my wireless router 37 times in the past 3 hours. I have search Acer forums for answer, but most other customers are experiencing the same problem as me. Seems Acer has not found a solution to the wireless issues that me and other customers have already experienced. I will be returning this laptop due to constant dropped internet connections via wireless access. Other than that, I think anyone else can enjoy it,but if you don't mind hard wiring it to your router for internet access...then you'll do just fine.

I took a gamble on this laptop because it seemed that most reviews on any version of this laptop comments on broken wifi.

The reason I took the gamble was thanks to another review that stated how to fix the wifi issue, but luckily when I received my Acer Aspire it worked fantastically out of the box.

The first time you power it on it takes awhile to setup the files, but that's to be expected.

Once the initial setup is finished everything is good to go. Wifi works fantastic. I had absolutely no issues with it.

The touchscreen is awesome and I truly had no idea how much I would enjoy it.

The backlit keyboard is fantastic.

This is not a gaming computer! Don't go in thinking all your supposed game should work. Just a disclaimer.

The only two issues I've had are:

1. The battery isn't as nice as I would like. I probably get 3 hours of heavy use. I still haven't looked into an extended battery.

2. About once a week you should completely restart the laptop to free up all your volatile memory.

Overall, I completely love this laptop. I'm on it right now typing this review. It actually works so great that, even though it's 3 months old, I still haven't transferred even half of my files over because it's just so great out of the box.

Buy Acer Aspire V5-571P-6831 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Silky Silver) Now

The product largely does what it's expected to do: CPU is fast, integrated graphic chip is good for non-gaming applications, and touch-enabled screen goes well with Windows 8 Metro interface. Out of the box, wifi indeed is not stable (obvious compared with other devices connected to the same network: changing to "limited" connection and then coming back after some time). Installing the latest driver from Acer's support website has solved the wifi problem, but the bluetooth no longer works. Since I use wifi all the time while seldom connecting to a bluetooth device, it seems to be worthwhile trade-off for now. Hopefully Acer can introduce a patch that can make both wifi and bluetooth reliable.

Read Best Reviews of Acer Aspire V5-571P-6831 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Silky Silver) Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment