Dell Inspiron iM5030-2792B3D 15.6-Inch Laptop (3D Black)

Dell Inspiron iM5030-2792B3D 15.6-Inch LaptopDell has done it again! I bought an Inspiron about 6 years ago from Dell (a lot more expensive than this one). And it worked pretty well up until these past few months. Finally though, not the computers fault, it fried on the inside, thus rendering me to look for a new computer at a good price. My sister bought this computer on sale so I thought I'd check it out. I was lucky enough that Best Buy had it on sale for $379.00. I couldn't pass that up so I bought it. To be fair I've only had it for 2 days but it's been great so far!

PROS:

Large screen. The screen is great for view movies and videos as well as just viewing things online.

Sensitive keyboard. I don't have to type very hard. They keys feel smooth under my fingers.

Windows 7. I'm not sure if this is a pro to everyone but having come from the decent Windows XP platform, and having tried the Windows Vista (yuck), Windows 7 makes things smooth a bit easier and faster. It actually slightly resembles using a Mac by having a toolbar on the desk top.

It's been playing my Sims 3 game rather smoothly as well. And seems move from one thing to the next rather smoothly.

It's also nice that the cooling fans are on the side of the computer and not on the back (against my lap).

CONS:

Right now the only problem I'm having is the super sensitive mouse pad.

There aren't a lot of ports either, so you wouldn't be able to have your ipod, non-wireless printer, and camera all docked onto it at one time.

After 30 days from the purchase date, I noticed the computer would shut down for no apparent reason when on battery power. I finally noticed the battery was loose even when secured. When I called Dell they were familiar with the problem and stated it must be sent in to replace the bottom and battery. I sent it in and got it back in 10 business days as promised. The problem was not corrected. The battery was still loose and the machine would shut down when on battery power. So I called in again, they apologized and told me a technician would be sent to my house. The technician arrived and was shaking. I noticed he was intoxicated. Long story short, he bent the keyboard on removal, and when the machine was reassembled it did not boot up. The tech said the mother board was bad. I called Dell again. I requested they send out a new replacement machine. They agreed but stated it would be 2 to 3 weeks. I asked for a supervisor who cleverly stated the machine would arrive in about 10 business days which is, realistically, the same thing. I insisted that since the technician destroyed my machine a replacement be sent out right away. Dell flat out refused. Thankfully after calling Amazon, they worked out a satisfactory resolution.

Buy Dell Inspiron iM5030-2792B3D 15.6-Inch Laptop (3D Black) Now

I bought a cheap computer for internet and school. It does that and more. It has 3 usb ports which is never enough, but I have looked at some computers twice as much with only 3 so that is that. Has a good screen. Super light, mostly because it is so cheap with out much hardware. Wish it was bluetooth enabled. I don't want to have to use one of my precious usb's for that. It is fast and you should be happy.

Read Best Reviews of Dell Inspiron iM5030-2792B3D 15.6-Inch Laptop (3D Black) Here

it is not as smooth and fast as i expected. Dell graphic is horrible or the worst i have ever had! however the price is reasonable and i like the pattern on the laptop. overall it is average.

Want Dell Inspiron iM5030-2792B3D 15.6-Inch Laptop (3D Black) Discount?

The laptop is decent for the price. It has dual core Athlon II, 15.6" screen, 3GB DDR3. All in all fast enough for lower end 3d gaming (world of warcraft, older Half life 2 engine titles, newer games played in low detail levels)

0 comments:

Post a Comment