Acer AS5552-6838 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black)

Acer AS5552-6838 15.6-Inch LaptopI tried to write a review which was rather lengthy but somehow got mysteriously deleted when I was almost finished. OK, so let's try this again. This machine handles heavy duty programs but its Achilles Heel is the touchpad. First of all, there is apparently no way to adjust sensitivity. Unreliable, unpredictable scrolling. Unwanted links pop up all the time when unprompted. Completely flat profile on the touchpad so that you cannot feel your way to find the left click. I hate this. Why couldn't they put a simple bump there? I have resigned myself to the fact that I will simply use a remote mouse. Otherwise, no problems, so far.

Bought this laptop on cyber money for a great deal. Came today and I am writing this on it. Screen is amazingly clear and bright. Very fast, feels of good quality. Packaged well but amazon shipped it in an overly big box filled with plastic air bags. They should use smaller boxes that are closer in size with the product they are shipping. So far the laptops great. Runs very quiet and the keyboard is very nice. I do wish they had another speaker. There is just one near the power button on the left side of the laptop. Another one placed on the right side would be nice. Will update after more usage. For the price I paid, I couldn't find a better deal so I jumped on it.

Buy Acer AS5552-6838 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black) Now

The integrated video card on my last laptop dropped out, and I needed a new one asap. After a day of extensive research, I ended up buying this one, and I'm very happy with it. It's powerful with far fewer hiccups than any other laptop I've owned and without being overpowered and overpriced. I've already got a self-built tower that cost tons and handles games laptops aren't for that unless you enjoy spending money. That said, I do a bit of gaming on it, and it handles it fine. I'm not exactly running 16x AA, but I am able to set the graphics settings pretty high. Games = heat = short laptop life, though, so enough about that. I installed Windows Ultimate on it, and it runs fine. If a laptop couldn't at least run an OS, I guess I'd be worried.

The appearance is nice. The mesh black is nice because of the lack of fingerprints, as everyone has pointed out. The screen is glossy though, and it's fingerprint city. The speaker sucks, which everyone pointed out. I thought they were exaggerating, but it really is awful. You can max everything out and still have trouble making words out from a foot away. On the upside, the fan is very quiet, so that won't interfere with sound. There's also a camera, which is nice, if you're not paranoid. There's built-in software/bloatware for it, but we all know we're just gonna use gchat or skype. The best thing is the keyboard. It's big and easy to get used to, and I love having a full numpad on a laptop. The key design (not sure how to describe it...chiclets?) makes it pretty quiet too. The only big flaw on the keyboard is that the numlock key is right next to backspace, and I often find myself accidentally hitting that then running into trouble when I try to type numbers later (the 0 key is Insert when numlock is off frustration GO!).

The last thing to touch on is the infamous touchpad. Honestly, I think people are blowing it way out of proportion. Every once in awhile, it will zoom when I try to click or not zoom when I want it to, but it's not any worse than any other laptop I've owned. When you use a laptop enough, you get used to making sure you don't inadvertently touch the touchpad when you're trying to type. Usually that's only somewhat effective, but, with this laptop, I almost never have any accidental touch issues. It works great. The mouse buttons are annoying, as people say. It's one big button and you just kind of have to know where left click ends and right click begins. Is that really so tricky though? Yes, it's very annoying the first few days, but your thumbs gain the necessary muscle memory very quickly, and that issue becomes obsolete. In other words, the touchpad issue is not an issue. I'm happy with this laptop and would recommend it until the tech gets surpassed.

Read Best Reviews of Acer AS5552-6838 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black) Here

pros: I really like the acer aspire 5552-6838, it is fast processor for someone browsing the web, emails, pictures. screen is bright with good resolution and good size. cons: speaker is weak, only has one, no very good quality, the battery does not last very long..

Want Acer AS5552-6838 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black) Discount?

Overall so far very surprised by quality of the computer. Quite an impressive processor, noticeable zippiness all around in Windows 7. The 4gb of ddr3 ram is running at 1066 mhz so its plenty fast to do all notebook type things. I am running multiple windows and about 12 tabs and no slow down whatsoever. This review is subjective because I just got this thing today. The mesh pattern is quite nice and for any normal user it more than meeets the power needs. Another important thing to mention is that it remains surprisingly cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment