ViewSonic VNB132 13.3" Notebook Intel ULV Celeron SU2300 1.2GHz; 2GB RAM; 320GB HD; HDMI; 1.3MP Cam

ViewSonic VNB132 13.3' Notebook Intel ULV Celeron SU2300 1.2GHz; 2GB RAM; 320GB HD; HDMI; 1.3MP Cam; Win 7 Home PremiumI bought one of these for my daughter who needed a laptop that was very portable, but had a bigger screen than notebooks have. It proved to have a solid build quality, and setup was very easy. The keyboard is good, and the screen very crisp. Intel chipset is stated to be a GS40 but CPU-Z reports it is actually the better GS45 chip. Only found a few negatives to report on an otherwise nice unit.

Cons:

Internal Video camera has poor frame rate. Viewsonic does not provide a custom driver for the camera, so it uses a Windows 7 downloaded driver dated 2006. Switched to a entry level Logitech USB2 webcam, and that worked perfectly.

No latch to keep unit closed, but this is minor as the hinge is very firm and it takes a lot of pressure to open and close the laptop.

Noticed a slight lag on startup on some applications with the stock memory configuration of 2 Gigs. Probably due to the memory sharing of video card. Adding another 2 gigs of DDR3-8500 memory made this unit noticeably faster.

Depending on the actual price paid, this unit can be a great alternative to the heavy 15" screen choices typically found for under $500.00

I needed a laptop that was portable and was initially drawn to the netbooks. But their screens and keyboards seemed too small to be useful. The Viewsonic VNB 132 fills the bill very nicely -its full-size keyboard is comfortable to use; it has a good display and so far seems to work very nicely. It comes with Windows 7 Home Premium instead of the starter edition. Pleased with the purchase.

Buy ViewSonic VNB132 13.3" Notebook Intel ULV Celeron SU2300 1.2GHz; 2GB RAM; 320GB HD; HDMI; 1.3MP Cam Now

This little computer is a great combination of netbook and notebook features! It's incredibly light and portable, but the dual core processor also means it runs surprisingly well! I rarely run cd's or dvd's on a laptop, so I don't miss it at all. I have an external dvd burner, so I can make a backup and restore disk -something I consider a necessity. It comes with minimal programs installed, which I like. Mine came with a trial version of Office 2007, which I uninstalled and never touched. It also came with MicroTrend Internet Security, which actually happens to be what my husband already runs with a subscription, so that's great. It has face recognition security option, which I don't like but think it's nifty. Also, be aware that the power cord uses a 3 prong grounded type, so if you only have 2 prong outlets you'll need an adapter.

I ordered this computer with a much lower processor than I originally wanted, intending to sacrifice power for light-weight and portable. I am delighted that I feel like I didn't sacrifice a thing! I may actually sell my other laptop as I am very happy with this one. Although I will upgrade the RAM if I sell my other laptop, for the moment I don't feel the need to.

I can stream Hulu and Netflix without any issues, so I'm very happy.

I also don't have any issues with the trackpad that I've seen others mention. Although be aware that the trackpad is level with the laptop instead of in a slightly lowered area like others.

Read Best Reviews of ViewSonic VNB132 13.3" Notebook Intel ULV Celeron SU2300 1.2GHz; 2GB RAM; 320GB HD; HDMI; 1.3MP Cam Here

Bought this for college. Pros are only that it's lightweight and aesthetically pleasing.

Cons are through the roof. Though it worked okay for the first 6 months, then this POS took a face first dive. Excruciating load times, freezes constantly, unusable webcam, overheats, struggles in every aspect of computer performance. Lately I can't even have this run for more than 5 minutes until I have to do a hard shutdown after windows crashes.

I'm a tech savy guy, and I know what to put on my computer. This thing can't handle jack. I run no programs other than antivirus and it's become a struggling media holder for me.

Don't buy this.

Want ViewSonic VNB132 13.3" Notebook Intel ULV Celeron SU2300 1.2GHz; 2GB RAM; 320GB HD; HDMI; 1.3MP Cam Discount?

Great computer for anyone that is wanting a small, thin, light, portable laptop. Screen size has a great resolution everything looks good. typing on this laptop is also very easy. would recommend to anyone needing a smaller lighter laptop

0 comments:

Post a Comment