TOPSELLER T410 I5-520M 2.4G 2GB 320GB DVDRW 14.1-WXGA BT W7P

TOPSELLER T410 I5-520M 2.4G 2GB 320GB DVDRW 14.1-WXGA BT W7PThe description provided by Amazon is very scant, however the manufacturer model number (2516AEU) can be browsed in Lenovo webpage for a full description. Please note that the installed RAM is 1 x 2 GB instead of the 3 GB originally indicated in the Amazon description (now corrected), however, Lenovo webpage provides the right specifications. This particular model has everything I was looking for, except the fingerprint reader. Other than that this is a great laptop and its construction quality cannot be disputed. The laptop is not light, specially with the 9 cell battery it comes with, but feels very solid and ready to work anywhere. If you are a Lenovo or Thinkpad former user (as I am) you will NOT be dissapointed, this is a great laptop at a fantastic price.

UPDATE (October 17th) Over the weekend I discovered that the bluetooth module is not working. I already tried to uninstall it and install it again, also reloaded the driver but no success. I still have to chat with Lenovo technicians on Monday to solve the problem (no way!!! worst customer service).

UPDATE (October 22nd) This laptop has a physical switch to turn on/off the wireless radios, but it also has a utility to allow user to switch on/off bluetooth and wireless network radios independently. My bluetooth radio was simply turned off, easily solved but took me several days to discover. Now, the Power Management can be annoying since it can turn off several devices, but it is a configuration issue. Very happy with this machine.

WARNING (November 8th) I purchase this laptop directly from Amazon LLC and got a great product. For a reason I don't understand the picture was changed for the picture of a different laptop (a Thinkpad Edge instead of a T410), so be careful if you order it because NOW there is a conflict between the description/specs and the picture. Also the seller is not Amazon LLC anymore but a different vendor.

I've been using Lenovo T410 for last 2 weeks and I'm pretty pleased with overall machine.

Config:

Lenovo T410

Core i7 Processor

8GB Ram from amazon Corsair CM3X8GSDKIT1066 XMS3 8 GB PC3-8500 1066Mhz 204-pin SODIMM Laptop Memory

Intel 2.5-Inch 160 GB X25-M Mainstream SATA II MLC Solid-State Drive Intel 2.5-Inch 160 GB X25-M Mainstream SATA II MLC Solid-State Drive Retail Package SSDSA2MH160G2R5

Intel 3x3 wireless N

WXGA+ LED backlit (1400 x 900)

Windows 7 pro x64

Fingerprint reader

9 Cell battery

What's good:

Perfect size for someone looking for a portable powerhouse. (Coming from 8 lb Dell latitude D530 with dual batteries)

The speed. Core i7 is mighty fast.

No shortage of memory. I run winxp mode VM for work and use close to 6GB of RAM. It still remains responsive

Beautiful sharp Screen with good resolution

Full sized keyboard

5+ hour battery life (This was a surprise)

Has a Win key (I know old Lenovo's didn't really have these)

One port for headphone and Mic. Works with iPhone headphones.

Very port-full *4 USB ports *standard VGA port *eSATA port (if you can use it) *LAN *Modem

Fairly lightweight for it's might

Feels really solid. The screen feels really tight with no play.

Large Multi-touch touchpad, Two finger scroll etc.

Integrated webcam

What's bad:

Fn and Ctrl key. Annoying but fixable through bios. I actually tried physically swapping the keys too but they're not the same size

Keys have high action and sometimes I miss the key press. Maybe it's just me.

Display port instead of an HDMI

Comes with boatload of Lenovo software. In someways enhances Win7 but in someways it cripples it. Idle memory usage right after starting first few times was around 2GB

The camera is very narrow view.

Is still ugly

Multi-touch touchpad is tricky and not responsive at times. Needs better drivers.

Dynamic contrast control has some bug. On battery the screen would sometimes dim for few seconds. Fixed it by running all power options in full performance mode.

Overall impression:

Happy so far with the performance and value. Highly recommended for someone looking for best of size and power. There is some getting used to the keyboard though.

Buy TOPSELLER T410 I5-520M 2.4G 2GB 320GB DVDRW 14.1-WXGA BT W7P Now

This laptop is powerful and fast. It gets a 5.0 Rating in Windows 7 the graphics being the limiting factor. It has the 9 cell battery, and the mouse nub. The only downside is that Amazon's description does not do it justice.

Read Best Reviews of TOPSELLER T410 I5-520M 2.4G 2GB 320GB DVDRW 14.1-WXGA BT W7P Here

its great like a new with good fuctionalty and a good prices if there more i would be take it. thinks amazon

Want TOPSELLER T410 I5-520M 2.4G 2GB 320GB DVDRW 14.1-WXGA BT W7P Discount?

I bought a Dell E3400 and found the fan noise was too loud and didn't like the 16:9 screen, I returned it and got a Fijitsu 12.1 tablet instead and found the screen is too small for me and then I returned it. At last, found a good deal of T410 and bought one. Can't be happier. The build quality is good and much much better than E3400, a perfect all purpose laptop. I ordered 1280x800 rather than 1440x900, I think I made the right choice, 1440x900 on a 14" screen will make things too small to view. The fan noise is good, it's not completely quite but you can bearly hear anything especially when it's running on baterry. The littel LED lamp beside the camera makes the thing even better. The DVD drive vibrates a lot when running high speed, I dont' use DVD very often so don't mind it, if someone uses DVD a lot, should consider this.

Save 27% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment