Sony VAIO T Series SVT14126CXS 14-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook (Silver)

Sony VAIO T Series SVT14126CXS 14-Inch Touchscreen UltrabookI spent lots of time doing research on the internet before buying this laptop. I have had an 15.6' Acer for years and it was time to look for a replacement. Since my plan is to keep the new laptop for several years as well, I wanted to get something that would stay up to date for a while. I decided to go for a touchscreen since apps and programs will only require it more and more.

After reading reviews on the internet and comparing prices, I narrowed down my selection to this Sony, its 13' little brother and a Acer 14' ultrabook (a brand that usually gets you more bang for your buck). After comparing them in a store, the 14' Sony ended up the clear winner. The 13' Sony is fantastic, slim and very light but since I spend a lot of time on my laptop, I was concerned that the smaller screen would make my eyes bleed. The 14' feels much heavier but offers similar performance (its processor is actually a little bit faster, and it has a DVD player). The Acer turned out to be a huge disappointment, especially the touchscreen. There were streaks and strange shadows around my fingertips everywhere I touched it. I read complaints about it before; it turned out the be worse that expected.

You can probably find cheaper 14' laptops but this was the one with the best performance at this price point based on my extensive research. I usually prefer to spend a little bit more and have computers that don't get outdated after a year or two. If you carry your laptop with you everyday like I do, 14' is a nice compromise between the heavier 15.6' laptops and the smaller 13' ultrabooks. I have already done some heavy photo editing in Lightroom and some music production using Native Instruments software, and am very satisfied with the way the Sony Vaio handles these.

My only complaint would be about the screen resolution (a standard 1366X768). It's not bad but it isn't that great either; you can see the pixels. I am no Apple fan but the resolution on their macbooks blows this Sony out of the water (2560X1600 I believe). Important features like that make brands like Sony lose customers to Apple. This is a great product but why did Sony decide to cut corners? The resolution is basically the same as that of the Acer I purchased 6 years ago, and much lower than the resolution of my cheap 3 year old smart phone. Come on, Sony! Is that the best you can do for your ultrabook lineup?

Enough said. This is a very good deal for a slick ultrabook.

5 Stars for the Amazon rep seeking the answers

1 Star if this is a proprietary model with the Sony Factory sub model specification indicating other features.

I am asking this now because I tried to buy this but note it says "500 GB" hard drive, not "500 GB + 24GB SSD" as specified for the "Sony VAIO T Series SVT14126CXS" on the Sony website. Apparently unless clarified by another department, the Amazon rep I just talked to said this only has the 500GB HD. That would make it a marginal value given pricing of this computer elsewhere.

If you bought this, please confirm the hard drive arrangement.

If this only has the HD, Amazon needs to change the model number or indicate it has a proprietary hardware setup.

In the meantime that $900 I almost spent this morning will likely be spent elsewhere.

Buy Sony VAIO T Series SVT14126CXS 14-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook (Silver) Now

It is fast and smooth in operation. But has only 2 USB ports. Good value for the price. The monitor screen is shaking a lot while typing.

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO T Series SVT14126CXS 14-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook (Silver) Here

This was given as a graduation gift and therefore I can't really rate it for myself. What my granddaughter said is it is good and she really likes the touch screen. My only concerns are the battery life. I was expecting more from an Ultrabook and was disappointed with the spec for this machine.

Want Sony VAIO T Series SVT14126CXS 14-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook (Silver) Discount?

It's first time with windows 8, and a touchscreen, it's the best! soft keys and mouse pad.

the packaging was too big, and i pay a little more bringing it to Venezuela.

Save 13% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment