Acer Aspire 5336-2524 - C 900 2.2 GHz - 15.6" TFT Laptop

Acer Aspire 5336-2524 - C 900 2.2 GHz - 15.6' TFT LaptopThe model number for this is 5336-2524. This computer has great performance. It is extremely light. It comes with Windows 7 Home Premium instead of Windows 7 starter so I didnt have to pay for an upgrade. I love that it has a webcam and mic. My only issue is that the audio is a bit soft but I can live with that. This is a great value for the price.

update:

The plug where the a/c adapter plugs into the laptop is loose. It falls out on it's own several times a day. I have to roll it around at different angles and use weights to hold it against the connector so it stays in contact. It's gradually getting worse & worse. If I go take a bath & I'm in the middle of something, when I come back the laptop will be powered down because the plug popped out in the middle of the bath. Now there's a short in the connection too so, often the whole a/c adaptor getts shorted out & turns itself off. I have to fiddle around for sometimes 5 minutes to find just the right twist & angle & OOps, the adaptor got shorted, now I have to unplug it from the wall & plug it back in & keep trying to find a spot where it will stay plugged in & powered on & then I have to put a weight on the plug to hold it in just the right angle... & then I have to keep the laptop from sliding in the other direction and on top of that:

The headphone jack is bad too. I have to hang a weight on my headphone cable so that it put's pulling pressure on the jack just to be able to hear anything, which might not be so bad if the speakers didn't entirely break down. I cannot hear a single thing through the speakers. Nothing at all. The speakers were always too quiet, but now, they just gave up & quit working.

Another thing, NO RADIOSHACK sells the plug that fits this laptop. I've tried. I bought a plug that came close, but it doesn't fit right. The radio shacks even refuse to order the correct size. So, is this normal for this laptop? Who cares. I'm never getting an acer again & I'll never buy a laptop with a cheap, skinny a/c adaptor connection port either.

The built in microphone is worthless too. It filters the sound badly.

I have to put black tape over the camera so that my keys type the correct words on the keyboard. Typical TI BS.

Bad speakers, shakey touchpad, cheap keys, no support for linux, great screen, lots of ram.

The speakers are terrible. They are so small and cheap that mine just blew out while playing a sound near 120 hz.

Instead of getting better speakers, they killed the volume, so you wouldn't damage the cheap speakers it came with.

Now the sound system is supposed to be able to play 24-bit sound, BUT somewhere along the line, it gets heavily corrupted. It doesn't play true 24-bit sound. It may be the link between the soundchip & the speakers. I don't know, but I am certain that the sound-quality is far less than what the sound-chip is capable of, due to cheap & crummy hardware, not just the speakers. If you plug headphones in, you still get distorted hi-def sound at 24-bit.

Finally, it's very difficult to listen to anything with the speakers, even before they were blown. If I put the system on max volume & the youtube video, or whatever on max volume, you'd be lucky to make out the words. It's that bad.

Tip to others w/ this laptop: download soundfiles as an MP3 and play it in winamp or something and adjust the graphic equalizer so all the freqs are all maxed & if that doesn't work, you can open the sound-file in audacity & amplify the soundfile 10 decibles (you'll have to clip some) & you might be able to make out the words. Or upload it to an mp3 player.

I've had 3 keys come off. I can't put them back on. My laptops take a beating.

Every now & then the touchpad goes nuts. I'll push the mouse-cursor up and it will go down. I'll push it across the screen & it just stays in 1 place & shakes a little. Sometimes it just stalls altogether, sometimes permenantly until a reboot, & sometimes for a few seconds while the (processor?) catches up. I don't know why, the processor should be fast enough.

I'm hoping I can get the sound & network... working w/ another OS. The drivers only support Windows 7. That's sad. I want to see drivers for linux & XP. Speaking of which, the OS key ID sticker under the laptop has rubbed off. I cannot read the Windows 7 key! So do I have to buy a whole new OS if the hard-drive goes? Not good.

What I like about it is that it has lots of ram, a big hard-disk & a huge screen for a cheap price, at least it did when I bought it. It's one of the better laptops I've had, except for the above issues & those are BIG issues. I'm not impressed w/ Acer at all.

Buy Acer Aspire 5336-2524 - C 900 2.2 GHz - 15.6" TFT Laptop Now

THE TECHNICAL DETAILS FOR THIS LAPTOP SHOWED WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL WAS AVAILABLE FOR UNIT. I HAD A FRIEND INSTALL THE ABOVE SOFTWARE BUT HE WAS UNABLE TO LOCATE THE WIRELES CARD AND VGA DISPLAY DRIVERS ON THE INTERNET. I CALLED THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR ACER(USA) AT 1-877-482-3091 AND TECHNICIAN DID NOT WANT TO MAKE AVAILABLE THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE IYOGI.NET/ACER*SUPPORT THE ABOVE DRIVERS. THEY INSISTED ON SELLING ME A LOCAL SERVICE CONTRACT FOR $139.00 TO INSTALL THE ABOVE DRIVERS IN MY LAPTOP. I DECLINED THE OFFER AND HAD GEEKS SERVICE INSTALL THE DRIVERS FOR $26.25

Read Best Reviews of Acer Aspire 5336-2524 - C 900 2.2 GHz - 15.6" TFT Laptop Here

I have had this laptop for about a year now and use it every day for school. My only complaint is that the mouse pad is off center. It's great that they put the number keypad on the side I use that often. However with the mouse pad off center, I always feel like I have to also sit off-centered from the monitor. When I try to sit more centered, my hand hits the mouse pad and, many times, it has clicked the cursor somewhere else on the screen and suddenly I'm typing in the wrong place. Other than that, it has been a good computer for the cost.

Want Acer Aspire 5336-2524 - C 900 2.2 GHz - 15.6" TFT Laptop Discount?

nice looking notebook. it looks like new now damage on it. it is working just perfect and good price too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment