Asus X52FXR6 / X52F-XR6 / X52F-XR6 15.6, Intel Core i5-480M, 4GB RAM DDR3, 640GB Hard Drive, Window

Asus X52FXR6 / X52F-XR6 / X52F-XR6 15.6, Intel Core i5-480M, 4GB RAM DDR3, 640GB Hard Drive, Windows 7This is a great laptop. I looked for a while before settling for this one, and I'm not disappointed. My HP died after only 2 years (after the warranty expired of course!) so I wanted to change brands. I settled for ASUS because they have the best reliability reviews among all manufacturers, and it was $550 at Fry's! The Intel core i5 makes this machine run like a breeze. Its screen is brilliant with great color gamut and contrast. The keyboard is chiclet style, and very comfortable. It comes with a numeric keypad, some people may find the keys a little too small, but I find them very useful. I've been running intensive processing software (Seti@home) and the keyboard never felt too hot, core temperatures stayed between 72-79 C. The fan is very quiet and never got too loud even when processors were running at 100%.

Pros:

Fast processor (comes with Intel's first i5 generation CPUs)

Bright screen

Quiet fan, keeps cool.

Great keyboard

Number pad

Cons:

Reflective screen, can be bothering if you have a strong reflection.

Poor sound quality: the speakers are on the front, but face downwards, so they give an awkward sound.

No discrete graphics card, but at this price, can't complain.

Overall, I am very happy with this laptop and would recommend it to anyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment