HP Pavilion DV7-3065DX 17.3-Inch Laptop with Blu-Ray - Black

HP Pavilion DV7-3065DX 17.3-Inch  Laptop with Blu-Ray - BlackIt was right before Christmas when I bought this laptop and what caught my eye was the price considering everything you get for the price.

First of all the screen is a whopping 17.3 inch widescreen with an awsome color display. On top of the display is an integrated webcam with microphone which I have used from time to time without any problems. Just below the unit are the controls for power, sound, media controls and WIFI. The only button really is the power all of the other buttons are touch sensitive. Just below this you will find the speakers which are decent however the quality could be better but I am satisified for what I do with this laptop. Below the speakers is the full keyboard with numeric keypad just to the right and below this is the touch mouse pad. On the back of the monitor you will find a lighted HP logo and just below that you will find the removable battery.

On the left side of the laptop you will find the following ports...

External Video Connector

HDMI Connector

RJ 45Ethernet port (10/100)

eSATA Connector

2 USB Ports

A notebook expansion Port (which holds the remote for controlling the CD and windows media)

A integrated SD-MS/ProMMC/XD Reader

On the right side of the laptop you will find the following ports...

Power Connection

Locking mechanism

RJ11 Modem port

2 USB ports

Blu-Ray DVD Drive & Burner

On the front of the display you will find indication lights for the power, battery and hard drive and connections for connecting external headphone and a microphone.

After I purchase my unit I upgraded some of the components and actually replaced the 500GB hard drive with two 250 solid state drive which reduced the weight and temperature just a bit but the drives allows Windows to boot now in less that 15 seconds! I also upgraded the memory to 8GB and Windows 7 from the Home version to the Ultimate version.

This laptop works great for what I do which is studying (why I chose the large display), Internet & email, music, visual studio programming and from time to time I will watch a movie. I have not had any problems with the unit since I bought it, to me it does just what I need.

This is a very big laptop and you may have some challenges with weight, heat and finding an adequate bag to carry everything in and because I do significate traveling I wanted something close to what I have at home and this is very close and allows me to work, study or play very comfortly.

Remember laptops tend to be items where personal values dictate your needs so this may not be the unit for you. Also because these are mechanical devices you can experience problems while others do not so I always recommend dealing with a company that will stand behind their product.

Would I recommend you purchase this laptop? No, this is a decision that you must make.

Be very careful with this laptop!

In January I bought two (in two diferent stores) and less than a couple of months both machines had the main board and video chipset completely fried by it's own overheat! Some technicians I consulted told me that there isn't proper ventilation coolers on the video chipsets, so if you plan to use the blu-ray driver very often it will fry the maiboard.

Just connect the facts: there isn't offers of New DV7-3065 in stores. Amazon only offers refurbished ones. It's hard to find information about it even on HP website. I bought two machines, in two different stores (the second a week later than first) and the two laptops have had the same problem!

I'm even more unlucky because I live outside US and HP doesn't extend warranty overseas. I had to spend about US$340 for each one to have it fixed (almost the half price I've paid) and I'm not sure if the problem will happen again. I'm definetly going to resell it on ebay or similar.

Don't buy this junk, unless you are needed to an egg frier! It should be very good on it!

Buy HP Pavilion DV7-3065DX 17.3-Inch Laptop with Blu-Ray - Black Now

I bought this computer about two months ago for basic video and HD uses. Although I no longer have the use for the Bluray DVD player, I love this computer. The only problems I have had were based on using too many applications of windows explorer at the same time. I haven't taken any of the HP extra software off of this machine and suggest not doing so. There is a remote control that works great and fits into the side of the computer in the express card slot for using the DVD player. The computer would run faster without this software, but I have no need for a screamer. I play a few games to include flight simulator but I just turn down the graphics a little and it runs fine. I purchased this computer refurbished for $569 and have been more than satisfied. The HDMI out has been super useful in that I connect netflix to my other TV for movies. All in all this is a great computer for moderately complex programs. Photoshop CS3 runs fine as well as all of the graphics software that was included. It includes great software: Corel Photo Shop Pro Photo X2, Corel Video Studio 12, a Cyberlink suite that includes Powerdirector V7, and Power2Go, Labelprint. I had no clue these programs were included and they are definitely an added bonus. This is a solid video/graphics machine that delivers with software and hardware. You will not find a better machine for the money that also includes a Bluray player at a great price.

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion DV7-3065DX 17.3-Inch Laptop with Blu-Ray - Black Here

bought this DV7-3065DX second hand & repaired it these models overheat easily & crash readily along with poor speakers don't leave much to be desired.

but when you consider hdmi out, supermulti light scribe Blu-ray optical drive with an port for a second hard drive these option's alone in late 2009 puts this machine in rare company I've decided to make it mine even though my hpdv2610us has a 14" screen and way better speakers it's still only entry level.

Want HP Pavilion DV7-3065DX 17.3-Inch Laptop with Blu-Ray - Black Discount?

It gave me an issue after 3 wks of owning it. I had to call HP Support and pay them to fix it. Seller would not help nor help pay for the extra I had to pay to get fixed. But love the computer. I should have went with the refurbished one because by time I paid HP Support I paid close to the same amount. But HP walked me through steps to fix it so I won't have that problem again. Haven't had any issues since then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment