Compaq Presario CQ60-420US 15.6-Inch Laptop

Compaq Presario CQ60-420US 15.6-Inch LaptopGreat specs and performance for the price. System is very responsive and I haven't had a hiccup yet. Only thing missing for me would be an integrated webcam and dedicated graphics memory but you get what you pay for and those features usually cost extra.

I do a lot of writing, email, and a little video work. This machine is perfect. There's a wide screen, so that I can see two pages when working on a book page layout. It's very fast compared with my old Pentium 4 laptop. The biggest question to ask is what you want out of your laptop. If you want high end fast gaming, this is not your PC. If you want quick word processing, email, facebook, etc... this one's incredible. I got this on sale at Staple's this week for $349, which is a crazy low price and I'm thrilled. As the earlier reviewer noted, MS Office is not included. I really don't know of any computers where it's included. There is a 60 day trial of Office 2007. If you want office, pick up the home and student edition at the same time you buy the computer for around $79-$99.

Things in the computer world move fast. A year or so ago, this laptop would have rated at the top of the rankings for speed, memory, HD Size, etc. Now, it's lower in the rankings. So what? It's still a very fast computer at an incredible price and will serve my needs well over the coming 3-5 years.

Hope this helps :-)

Buy Compaq Presario CQ60-420US 15.6-Inch Laptop Now

Had a CQ60 computer for a little over a year and the battery gets to 40% and the computer dies. Warranty expired 2 weeks ago and HP can't help me. I went online to buy a new battery and surprise, everyone says the battery sucks. My previous Compaq, the AC adapter died after 2 weeks and HP sent a replacement. My brother's Compaq, the battery died after a year and he bought a new one after his wireless card died too. This is the last Compaq I buy ever.

Read Best Reviews of Compaq Presario CQ60-420US 15.6-Inch Laptop Here

Bought this from one of the "office supply" stores at about the price the CQ60-410 is going for elsewhere, was actually cheaper than the 410 in this store.

Screen is very nice. For the keyboard, the 10 key is very cramped, I think I would have preferred it just not be there and a bit of a wider normal keyboard, although the keyboard spacing does seem fine other than the 10 key.

The processor is the very capable T4200 (Core Duo), which is great for something at this price point, as netbooks and many other "value" notebooks are shipping with either the Atom or Celeron single core chips.

A lot of trialware, as I suspect most laptops have: Trail of office, trail of Norton, pre-installed Compaq branded Microsoft Bing toolbars, etc.

This laptop does qualify for a free upgrade to Windows 7 and uses the Windows Home Premium version of Vista. Hopefully the Windows 7 disc won't come with all of the trialware.

Want Compaq Presario CQ60-420US 15.6-Inch Laptop Discount?

Went into a big box office supply store to look at netbooks and saw this on sale for $378 minus $30 mail-in rebate for price of $348, the same price as a netbook. Great machine for the price however it is a basic machine. 3GB of memory, 250gb hard drive, dvd burner, windows Vista Premium (eligible for Windows 7 upgrade for shipping charge), vga connector, 3usb ports, modem, wireless and wired lan connections, memory card reader, trial versions of MS Office and Norton Security, DOES NOT have HDMI connector, Express card slot, bluetooth or webcam. The 15.6 screen is bright and clear, has a numeric keypad, battery life is about 3 hours and I like this clam shell design that doesn't have any latches to open the cover of it. The quality seems awesome, I've owned Dell, Toshiba, IBM and Acer machines and this machine is as sturdily built as any of them. No I can't go 6 hours without plugging in like I wanted with a netbook but I am happy I bought this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment