MSI Computer Corp. Notebook GT70 0NE-446US;9S7-176212-446 17.3-Inch Laptop

MSI Computer Corp. Notebook GT70 0NE-446US;9S7-176212-446 17.3-Inch LaptopI received a few week ago and here are my thoughts.

Overall I'm very happy with it.

It is as powerful as I would have hoped. I can play far cry 3, Hitman Absolution, Max Payne 3 etc (All quite graphically intense games) at ultra spec and it doesn't skip a beat.

Thanks to the RAID 0 SSD's it boots up to the log in screen in 6 secs (!) and all programs will boot up almost instantly.

The battery life is actually quite impressive. 4 hours of game time while on a plane, which is pretty impressive considering.

It has plenty of ports. 3 x USB 2.0 and 2 x USB 3.0. It even has all the plugs required to run a surround sound system directly from the laptop.

It's pretty light for what it is I think. It's pretty bulky, don't get me wrong. But I can still put this in my laptop rucksack and travel with it comfortably. I had read that the power brick was huge. Maybe they have changed it recently, maybe. I was lead to believe it was the size of a house brick. It's not. Don't get me wrong, it's bigger than normal. But's totally manageable.

When I get home I can put the laptop under the TV, plug it into everything and leave it there. Control of it done via the built in bluetooth.

The bad things are

1)It doesn't sometimes feel a bit flimsy. Nothing has broken, but it just doesn't feel as solid as I would like (I travel a lot and take this with me)

2)Windows 8. Windows is annoying to get used to. But I suppose it's a bullet we're all going to have to bite at some point. When I plugged in my wireless Microsoft mouse. It installed some software for it. At which point my touch pad isn't working anymore (And my keyboard temporarily for some reason, (That was scary :/ )).

I've tried to re-install the touch pad drivers that came with the laptop, but It still won't work.

It's not a major issue because I just use the wireless mouse, but it's still annoying.

I'm 99% sure that this is a windows 8 problem and the touch pad itself is fine.

I (Touch wood) haven't had a problem with the laptop itself so far, and I am very pleased with it. But bare in mind that the MSI customer service is rumored to be really bad. So keep that in mind.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.

I got my MSI computer in today, I have to say it is an amazing PC. So far i have installed WOW, SCII, LOL and all run fine with graphics turned all the way up! It is a beast of a laptop does not feel like you will break it by mistake! The keyboard rocks! Only negative about it is WINDOWS 8! Hate windows 8. For the price this is an awesome product!

Buy MSI Computer Corp. Notebook GT70 0NE-446US;9S7-176212-446 17.3-Inch Laptop Now

Generally speaking an excellent desktop replacement for work that will run current games. MSI appears to cut less corners than its competitors when it comes to quality components; however, it comes at a slight price increase. In particular, the cooling is far better than advertised.

Only real complaint other than bloatware is the left control key which fell off immediately upon first use and took me days to find a way to reattach (although somewhat imperfectly) and continues to feel fragile.

Read Best Reviews of MSI Computer Corp. Notebook GT70 0NE-446US;9S7-176212-446 17.3-Inch Laptop Here

I needed a new laptop to take the place of my aging Apple Mac Airbook. Sure there is a major size difference, but I have been very pleased with the performance. Intense games, large data sets, etc. are no problem for this monster! Yes. You do have to pay a little more for it, but this laptop is definitely worth the money!

Want MSI Computer Corp. Notebook GT70 0NE-446US;9S7-176212-446 17.3-Inch Laptop Discount?

I like this computer and would buy it again. A tad heavier than I thought it would be. I was buying it in the hope that I would see 400 FPS in Minecraft. There are some fantastic youtubers (such as PaulSoaresJr) who do excellent tutorials on Minecraft and get amazing FPS with their high end rigs. For example, the aforementioned Paul has a $2K 2011 home built desktop on which he achieves an amazing 400 FPS (WTG Paul!). I figured that a more expensive 2013 laptop should perform similarly to a 2011 desktop. I was wrong. I've built a bunch of desktops in my youth and I guess I should have gone that route this time. But I wanted something to play computer games with while laying in bed.

Thanks for reading! :)

Save 3% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment