Compaq Presario CQ60-212US 15.6" Notebook PC. AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor (2.0 GHz), 4G

Compaq Presario CQ60-212US 15.6' Notebook PC. AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor, 4GB RAM, 250GB hard drive, SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW, 15.6' 16:9 Display, 802.11b/g WLAN, Vista Home Premium 64-bitIt has vga out but no svideo or hdmi out, other than that its great.

I've had this about one month now and so far not one issue. Compared to the last Compaq I bought this thing is way better. It seems that Compaq has learned about it pervious errors in making "introductory" laptops and corrected their mistakes. It has better quality parts than what compaq was using four years ago in its presario laptops. For example, the keyboard has keys that actually come off and go back on easily; and the machine is much more modular so taking user serviceable parts out and replacing them is easy (again keyboard is a good example, it requires only removing the battery and three screws which are aptly labled with a litte picture of a keyboard).

It seems like more thought went into this product than previous presarios. Its 4GB and dual core processor make running vista a reality. Putting vista64bit on it gives me a leg up because I actually have some 64bit apps to run on it, the most aggressive being the Oracle database. Screen is nice, keyboard is nice, touchpad works well, cdrom responds quickly when given a disc, the 8200m geforce video means I can actually run all but the most recent of games which is one of my requirements, 250gb disk lets me load lots of those games, and store lots of data in my database.

Again about the only thing I am sorry about is that it has no HDMI port and so I cannot hook up a hdmi monitor as a second monitor. It does have a vga out port so I can hook up a monitor that accepts vga input.

For the price I paid there is no way I will find anything better. Shop around, the price on this varies considerably, especially if you can find a special at a chain store. At the price I paid, I wish I could get another three for the family, but they sold out in one day all across my state. In my mind unless a person is a major gamer who has to play the most recent games, or has some special need, this laptop is more power than you can want. It will do all the basics great (internet, office toolset, email, even run a large database how bout that).

Lastly, sevice is good. My daughter's cat peed on the keyboard and shorted out a couple of keys. It took 40 minutes, but HP agreed to ship me a new keyboard for 70$ which I replaced easily rather than having to send it in for repair which would cost a minimum of 200$. Here is a recap:

1) dual cpu and 4gb make vista runnable and snappy

2) 8200m geforce video makes gaming possible for most gamers

3) inexpensive, but not junk, parts feel like quality

4) screen is nice sized with good picture at its highest resolution

5) 250gb disk gives plenty of space

5) has no problems like prior presarios (no overheating, no lost keys, no slow cpu, no dead pixels)

6) HP service came through for me and let me save 130$

** only negative is it that though it has a vga out port, it lacks a hdmi out port

Hail Flavius!

This is my first laptop purchase. I found it to be a real workhorse for power in a small package. The only drawback is the battery lasts only 90 minutes.

Buy Compaq Presario CQ60-212US 15.6" Notebook PC. AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor (2.0 GHz), 4G Now

Like most men, I love shopping....electronics shopping dummy.

This computer I bought new for $400 on Feb. 15th 2009. Compared to my almost two year old HP desktop with 32 bit Vista, this seems flawless. This laptop does not come with a lot of periferal connectivity (but its a laptop), you can't expand the ram (but it already has 4 Gigs) and only has a so-so graphics card (like all packaged HPs) but who cares? I couldn't be happier. Lots of bang for the buck and 64 bit OS, yes sir.

Read Best Reviews of Compaq Presario CQ60-212US 15.6" Notebook PC. AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor (2.0 GHz), 4G Here

I bought this and it works fine. However, 6 months in, the adapter/charger stopped working. Called Customer Service. Said they would send a new one. Ten days later it is a no show. I call again, it is on back order. Ten Days! this is ridiculous. My daughter has a Dell, called on a Friday, it was in my mail box Monday. Same issue. Different result. who knew I would be here touting Dell!

Slow Slow Slow with parts. What good is my laptop without the charger??

Want Compaq Presario CQ60-212US 15.6" Notebook PC. AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor (2.0 GHz), 4G Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment