Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 2842F7U 14-Inch Laptop (Black)

Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 2842F7U 14-Inch LaptopFirst of all, Amazon shipped me a ThinkCenter desktop! Needless to say I was quite annoyed. After dealing with their customer service, I promptly received a return label for it, and the laptop was shipped with 2-day shipping. This was a Thursday after noon, and I didn't receive the thing until Tuesday the next week. First time I've had an incorrect shipment from Amazon since I've been shopping with them for the last 6-7 years. Well on to the review. At $600 for a ThinkPad with Windows 7 Pro it's a damn good deal. I bought this for my wife for use at home. I removed some of the bloatware that came with it and installed MS Security Essentials. The power saver feature is great! I can supposedly get 4+ hrs out of the battery (based on the estimate on the battery indicator) although I've never used it for longer than an hour off the plug. I don't know if it's a Win7 feature, but if you mouse over minimized windows it shows a small pop-up of the window. I love that, since we tend to have a few windows open at a time. Boot up time is ok I've not timed it, but it feels like 60-90 seconds. I tend to Hibernate it most of the time. From hibernation, it starts up in less than 30 seconds. The build seems sturdy enough and compares ok with the last ThinkPad I used about 12 years ago. There is no latch to close the screen though. On the screen depending on how you hold the machine, the screen tends to swing backward on its weight. It is unable to support it self at certain angles. This is not a problem (yet). I hope it doesn't become more free though! The screen is glossy, but I don't have too much glare issues indoors. I haven't tried it outside, or in brightly lit areas. I received the unit with only a DVD burner drive. I need to see if that drive can be swapped for a blu-ray drive, as the unit has an HDMI output which is of no use unless I stream or download high def from the web is like never. The 14" screen is just barely ample. I did not want the SL510 withthe 15" screen as it would've been too heavy for the purpose. The screen is actually pretty short vertically which annoys me since you have to scroll alot more to see more of a page. I personally prefer the ~4:3 aspect ratio (1280x1024?)of the older laptops. But all laptops are coming "widescreen" now so complaining about that is a waste of time. As far as performance goes, I haven't installed any other applications on it (besides Firefox) as yet. However, I don't foresee any issues. It only comes with 2GB of RAM but that should be sufficient for the use intended, and can supposedly be expanded to 8GB if needed. We don't do pc gaming so I couldn't tell you about that. Wireless works fine around the house. All in all, so far I am very pleased.

Have been using Lenovo ThinkPads as simple and reasonably sturdy business laptops for field sales users. The SL410 continues to serve our needs. Had a system board failure under warranty in a previous unit and local warranty repair was done promptly with no fuss or cost to us.

Buy Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 2842F7U 14-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

Got mine from friend, he has upgraded it to 3gb of ram and i am sure that does make a bit of difference performance wise. Very sturdy work laptop i carry in a backpack without any protective cover almost everyday everywhere, harddrive has not failed yet even though the laptop suffers shaking from me running and general school bag handling... dropped it twice so far nothing broke. (the height of drop from the chair that it fell twice from due to me tripping on power cord is approx 2.5 ft. And oh yeah the power cord is also good even though i trip on it at least once a week :)) Software, i run W7 to my own disappointment but legacy soft wont run on anything but winfail... and i have installed ubuntu as well natty as a dual boot for my other work

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 2842F7U 14-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

I was big IBM laptops fan since X31. But SL410 is last drop. I can't stand it any more.

My sound card messed up in less than 6 moth. I had to restore whole laptop to its factory defaults twice in less than a year. To be exact 9 month.

Despite having good specs, performance is just more than disappointing.

Sorry my French, but I'll never buy Lenovo crap any more.

Want Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 2842F7U 14-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment