Dell Inspiron i1764-6075OBK 1764 17.3-Inch Laptop (Obsidian Black)

Dell Inspiron i1764-6075OBK 1764 17.3-Inch LaptopUPDATE:::: 3+ Weeks since I got this.... More bulky softwares(even ones that run during start up) / games / videos have gone in, but the performance is absolutely the same. Audio capabilities of this laptop is simply stunning.... I have a HDTV and a Sony Home theater system. When I connect this laptop to the TV and listen to MP3 songs, the audio output is just amazing.... Made me feel like dancing to the rhythm.... I am comparing this with a 2 year old Gateway laptop that I own (does not have a HDMI connectivity, so use VGA Cables instead... So I understand that I'm not comparing apples with apples :-), but still.... ). I don't use this laptop primarily for gaming... But I did try playing Tales of the Monkey Island in complete high settings, and the video and audio were awesome. Connect it to your HDTV and enhance the experience.....

I went and got this from a BestBuy store near my place.... I actually got to compare it with the core i3 laptops.... I restarted all the systems and then tried opening the programs at the same time and clocked them.... I5 has a way more superior load time as compared to the i3 and Core 2 duo systems. Note that BB has the same softwares installed on all of its laptops (as long as the OS is the same).

I loved the large screen... My requirement was a laptop to be a desktop replacement that would mostly be moved just within my home... So the weight of this product didn't bother me much. If your main requirement is mobility, DO NOT go for this laptop... It can be quite heavy....

After hearing loads of negative reviews about Win 7, I didn't expect too much out of it... However, I am beginning to like it a lot... It has some cool features that I find real user friendly.... Specially the shortcut tray on the top of your screen.... Its so customizable and handy... U don't have to minimize your open windows to access it... just take the pointer to the top portion of the screen and hold for a second or two, and it shows up... No more clumsy icons on the desktop.....

Aero theme on Windows 7 looks pretty stunning too.... Note that this takes a lot of memory though... The configuration on this system has no problems handling it.... I have loaded my system with loads of softwares and still the boot time is amazingly fast... Shutdown is even better....

Battery life is pretty good for a laptop with such huge screen size....

One last thing is this: Function keys are by default set to be used with the "Fn" key only.... For example pressing the F1 key on your keyboard would open up the chose monitor option and not help on a particular software..... In order to do that you will have to press the "Fn" + the F1 key... I felt this to be an annoyance, as I use Alt + F4 to close windows. This wouldn't work as F4 is assigned as a Mute button and the laptop mutes the sound instead....

However, I recently realized that this functionality could be changed by going into the BIOS. Just meddle around the various tabs and you should be able to find that option.... Once you change that to default to Function keys and not Multimedia keys.... everything would be perfect (at least it was for me :) )

Good luck with any laptop that you decide to buy....

I have had this laptop for the last 2 weeks. I just love it. The screen size is pefect. I dont have to travel much so the size suits me well. The laptop is quite fast and the screen is bright (HD LED). The audio is really great. Well one thing Dell ought to have improved is the noise of the fan. Otherwise no complaints.

Buy Dell Inspiron i1764-6075OBK 1764 17.3-Inch Laptop (Obsidian Black) Now

I purchased an Inspiron 1764 laptop primarily because the combination of specs, features and price was unbeatable.

The system began to malfunction shortly after I installed basic security and office software. It would not connect to my HP printer. There were local network and driver errors, along with frequent hangs, bluescreen crashes and other problems. Dell tech support blamed me for "corrupting" their operating system and said I would have to pay extra for software service, since their "limited" warranty covers only hardware. I restored the machine to factory settings, only to see the problems reappear. Despite my extensive experience as a computer professional, I was unable to fix the software problems. Internet research showed I was not alone.

These issues appear to be specific to Dell systems, since I have another vendor's laptop also running Windows 7 and the identical application software, with no problems whatsoever. I have been a loyal Dell customer for twelve years, but their consumer unfriendly attitude and lack of proper support left me no choice but to return the laptop for a refund. Readers are advised to think long and hard before choosing Dell.

Read Best Reviews of Dell Inspiron i1764-6075OBK 1764 17.3-Inch Laptop (Obsidian Black) Here

This is a huge laptop... But, you know that since it's a 17" laptop. It's quick... pretty quiet. And I also use this as a home multimedia computer. So, I'm often plugging it in to my TV via the HDMI connection. It has no problem enabling and disabling the dual monitor mode when plugged in and unplugged.

The only issue that I have is that it doesn't seem to like to wake up from hibernate. So, I just don't ever hibernate it. Not a big deal for me anyway. And, in my experience with computers, hibernate is a hit and miss thing anyway.

Want Dell Inspiron i1764-6075OBK 1764 17.3-Inch Laptop (Obsidian Black) Discount?

Had this model for 5 months and have contacted tech support at least 15 times.They were and still are unable to fix or diagnose problems.Was sent a new hard drive,still the same problem,which is the graphix and intermitently going to a white screen which after restart goes away.They offered for me to ship it to them I said no but opted to recieve a refurbished replacement.As soon as I recieve it I will put it up for sale and never purchase any Dell product again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment