VIZIO Thin and Light CT14-A1 14-Inch Laptop

VIZIO Thin and Light CT14-A1 14-Inch LaptopHave had it about a week, I'm writing this review with it. It's super light, boots in 17 secs. The screen is awesome, very bright. I tried an HP folio 13, the screen on the Visio is much better. I consider myself pretty hard to please but for my needs which are simple, very important to me bright screen that's easy to read, good battery life, thin, fast, powerful enough for anything I want to do. This fits the bill perfectly. I have no real need for an SD card. If I need a port it has 2 USB's. I also have and external USB optical drive, but I never needed it. I have it set up just the way I like. There are a few things I haven't figured out. How do I disable the touch pad when typing? I occasionally get "cursor jump". According to the Viso help key there is a way but I can't seem to find it. The keyboard is really light, it take some getting used to. The only other thing I don't like is it's so thin, I sometimes struggle to open it. I imagine this will get better as the hinge loosens a bit. Did I mention I have big hands. Hey I bought it early so I took a chance. I knew if I waited another 6 months I would get a better deal, but isn't that true with all your technology purchases. I have had good luck with my other Visio products and this one did not disappoint me. Thumbs up.

Overall the Vizio CT14-A1 is a solid Ultra book. It is extremely fast, the screen is beautiful and its very light. The design of the laptop is elegant and it is very well built, similar to a MacBook Air (solid aluminum chassis). I installed Windows 8 about a week ago, and its made the laptop even faster. Like others mention, the keyboard is very light and it feels significantly different from the Dell laptop I'm used to. My only real complaint with the computer is also with the keyboard. It has a propensity to double letters and not acknowledge when the shift key is pressed. Other reviewers have mentioned this as well. It doesn't do it often, or consistently, but I do notice it occasionally.

As far as I know the only difference between the CT14-A1 and the CT14-A4 is the windows version. When upgrading to Windows 8 I did have to find the drivers for the wireless NIC by doing a google search and manually installing them. I am also using a USB to LAN adapter to speed up my internet connection, although the wireless also works great.

I was a little concerned about gaming performance due to the Intel 4000 integrated graphics. Overall it's adequate for light gaming. It's runs graphics intensive games like World of tanks at 1600x900 on low settings with 25+ frames per second.

Pros

+Beautiful construction

+Fast for everyday uses (

Buy VIZIO Thin and Light CT14-A1 14-Inch Laptop Now

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Really nice post, you got great blog and Thank you for sharing This excellently written content. Waiting for next one.

Asus - 15.6" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive (K55A-DS51)

Asus - 17.3" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black

Post a Comment