Compaq Presario CQ50-210US 15.4-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor, 2 GB

Compaq Presario CQ50-210US 15.4-Inch LaptopThis Laptop is great for the price so far no complaints. Its great for business use. The Compaq Presario CQ50-210US looks similar to the HP 6000 series but without all the flashy aesthetics, which I prefer. Put in a finger print reader and it would be good to go.

About six months ago i needed to purchase a laptop for urgent schooling reasons. At the time I knew nearly nothing about computers (buying or using)Some how i fell upon this Compaq presario and the price wasn't too unreasonable at $600 so i went for it.

The first bump in the road occured after the first month when i realized after about 25 "practice uses" for windows vista i was unable to use it anymore. In my haste i didn't bother entering my product key (located under the notebook) to make Vista official.

I also use my compaq stationary on my desk and kept it plugged in, so i never really realized the heat this thing gives off, and it DOES get HOT. So after some reading into it i bought a laptop cooler to prevent damage from overheating and whatnot. the fan can get rather loud as well(presumably from working so hard trying to keep it cool).

I had no problems connecting, and the few times it did have trouble, i shut it down, reset my wireless router and it was back up, so not the computers fault. I did notice that every so often Internet explorer will stop working(Not Responding) in the middle of use, resulting in opening task manager and closing the window. This doesn't happen an overwhelming amount, but enough to take notice.

Lastly(just a personal thing)the outside tends to get VERY smudgy. It's very slick looking when its clean, but easily leaves fingerprints.

Not a BAD computer, could be cooler, literally, and quieter, and my review probably could've been improved if i had been more knowledgable about the purchasing and the components of a good computer in the first place :P

Buy Compaq Presario CQ50-210US 15.4-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor, 2 GB Now

I really like this laptop. Performance wise it is really good much better than I expected. The HP install of additional software is minorly intrusive, but it's easy to disable or uninstall the stuff that I didn't want. I use it as a general purpose laptop for accessing the internet, reading email, and watching videos. It fits my needs well. I've been able to successfully install Ubuntu Linux on the device, with the assistance of this link: . All features work correctly.

I paid $ for it (after $ in ). So from a price/performance perspective, that's one kind of hot.

But then there's another kind of hot. The devices generates extremely high temperatures. So high that I am concerned that the device will fry itself.

I use speedfan to monitor temperatures. The GPU seems to be parked at 110C, the CPU is typically above 60C sometimes going into the 70's and 80's, and the HD is usually around 55C sometimes spiking above 60C. The GPU and HD temp seem excessive to me: especially the HD. I just purchased a laptop cooler to deal with this (not yet arrived).

I occasionally need to leave the device running overnight (e.g. in order to complete a backup). In order to do this, I have to close the screen, and lean it against a wall so that the bottom side is exposed to open air. If I do that, the temps for GPU, CPU & HD fall back into much more reasonable ranges (GPU

Read Best Reviews of Compaq Presario CQ50-210US 15.4-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Dual-Core Processor, 2 GB Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment