HP Pavilion dv7t QE Laptop PC, Intel i7-2670QM 2.2GHz, 17.3" Display, 8GB, 750GB HDD, 1GB 7470M Gra

HP Pavilion dv7t QE Laptop PC, Intel i7-2670QM 2.2GHz, 17.3' Display, 8GB, 750GB HDD, 1GB 7470M Graphics, Blu-ray player, Windows 7 Home PremiumThis came close to being a 5 star purchase. It's a fast quad core system with 8G of memory, bought here for $999. The graphics are not top notch (and that drags the Windows Experience Index down to 5.4), but for my purposes it's fine. I needed 4 fast cores, and this delivers.

The keyboard, though, is frustrating beyond belief. It's about full size, and the touch is ok, but some genius at HP decided on three massive blunders:

1) the up and down arrow keys are half size, and difficult to hit, unless perhaps you're a six year old girl with unusually small hands. I'm an adult male with large hands.

2) The function keys, F1 through F12, are a mainstay in many, many software applications. F5 is the "do it" key in a wealth of software refresh in most browsers, compile and run in many IDEs. F3 is "search again" in many tools. F1 is often Help. I use them all the time.

For some reason, HP decided to make those keys half-height, and do double duty. If you want F3, you have to type Function-F3. The F3 key, by itself, brightens the display. I have no idea why the manufacturer thought that brightening the display was a more common operation than searching for something; I only know that after fifteen years of using function keys as the quick way to get work done, I don't like having them buried under a bunch of keys to adjust brightness and volume.

3) The insert key has been given the same treatment as the F keys. The key combination for Insert is Function-PrintScreen. And it's also half-height. As someone who for years has used control-insert, shift-insert and shift-delete to move text around, it's unusable. I'm forcing my fingers to learn control-C, V and X instead, and I don't like it.

For a laptop that's clearly aimed at power users you don't need 4 cores and 8G of memory for most users the decision to cripple power user shortcuts is a very odd one. The simple solution is to plug in a USB keyboard with a key layout that you like, but that's not a great solution for a portable laptop.

Otherwise a fine machine. Not much bloatware, over 600G of disk free when you get it, adequate USB, decent screen.

This is so nice to get my hands on! The finger printer reader makes it so I dont have to remember any passwords anymore! The graphics are great, and the widi is very easy to set up (with not stutter). And did I say it was fast? WOW! The only complaint I had about it was that the graphics card was toast on arrival but was taken care of by HP and got a 5 yr warranty for my troubles.

Buy HP Pavilion dv7t QE Laptop PC, Intel i7-2670QM 2.2GHz, 17.3" Display, 8GB, 750GB HDD, 1GB 7470M Gra Now

It is a product that meets my professional needs. The technical requirements are sufficient, for my main dedication "data processing of small databases (Exercise Physiology Statistics). In addition, the built-in sound system is excellent yield is.

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion dv7t QE Laptop PC, Intel i7-2670QM 2.2GHz, 17.3" Display, 8GB, 750GB HDD, 1GB 7470M Gra Here

This laptop is everything they say it is and more...I got it 3 weeks ago and love it....the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of the Wifi.....I am 21 feet from my rounter and could not keep a connection for more then 20 minutes at a time....so I bought a cheap wifi booster for 30 dollars (plug and play booster)....its been a few days and everything is perfect...no lost connections .. if your a wifi junkie beware, this may not be the laptop for you....aside from the wifi this laptop is fun, its fast (really fast) and it looks great...I love the fingerprint password thing and all the little extras...the "quick start" button is pretty cool....its like an extra power switch that you can push and be online in about 35-40 seconds.. ( I don't need it, but it works and its nice to know I can if I wanted to be)....for under a 1000 dollars its a great laptop....

Want HP Pavilion dv7t QE Laptop PC, Intel i7-2670QM 2.2GHz, 17.3" Display, 8GB, 750GB HDD, 1GB 7470M Gra Discount?

It's a very good laptop. Quality of images are excellent. It does what it supposed to do. I realy like the HP products. It was delivered within few days. Set up was easy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment