Toshiba Satellite 1135-S155 Laptop (2.0-GHz Celeron, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Drive)

Toshiba Satellite 1135-S155 Laptopi have read from others and am experiencing myself, the hard drive clicking about every 2 minutes or so. it is not only annoying, but also indicative of a future failure, and stalls the system when it clicks. so i am going to try and exchange it since i've only had it a week. intel does offer a fix for this problem on many notebooks, i think it only happens on 40GB models, however the fix is not compatible with the chipset of the notebook. have others had this problem?

First, hot spots? I think that the reviewer may have had a bad computer because I have had my 1135-s155 for a while and it has no hot spots on the upper surface.

The main pluses with this 2gb, 512mb, 40gb computer (other than those listed already) are that it comes with 3 (yes, three!) USB 2.0 ports when most low end computers still have 1.1 ports (the speed difference is AMAZING) and that it has 32mb of dedicated Video memory when all other companies are still using shared memory in their low end machines. Truly a great buy for someone that needs a good solid performer. BTW, exactly who in the corporate world uses all the features on those $3500+ machines? Really?!?

Buy Toshiba Satellite 1135-S155 Laptop (2.0-GHz Celeron, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Drive) Now

This is part of a larger class of laptops running processors slower than 2.4 GHZ that are becoming the targets of deep discounts and rebates now that faster machines are on the move to market. ... This machine painlessly recognized both my home wired and wireless router connections, and I was online in 15 minutes after opening the box. For the price, you can't do better in terms of HDD size (40 GB!) and memory (512MB!!). Three issues: 1. The bundled CD-RW software is goofy and non-inutuitive. Although I was able to use it, I pitched it after two days of trying to figure out it's wacky interface and installed Nero. 2. This is neither ultra-thin or lightweight (6.2 lbs). Since most of my mobile needs take place in car, this is not an issue for me; your mileage my vary if you are hauling your hardware through airports. 3. The heat thing other reviewers talked about: yes, you can feel the warmth on the right side of the touch pad. Frankly, I haven't found a single laptop mouse-equivalent that I like as much as an actual mouse (unless I'm completely veggged on the couch or on a plane, I don't use the touchpad much anyway). I would not consider the heat an issue: most laptops have a hotspot someplace. 4. Battery life is middle-of-the-road...but offers excellent power management tools to give you advance notice of battery loss.

Great performance at this price point...more so if additional rebates are available.

I've used laptops for many years, but this my first personal purchase of one. Toshiba laptops enjoy a good reputation; based on my initial experience with this one, they should. Bottom line: I'd recommend this to my mom if she were in the market for one:-)

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite 1135-S155 Laptop (2.0-GHz Celeron, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Drive) Here

.... After looking at HP, Sony, dell and Compaq. I went out to buy 2435-s255 model but end up buying this because the price difference ...between these two models. The S255 has 2.4 pentium. But if u are not playing high end games and video editing, this is excellent buy, or as they say "Best bang for you Buck".

Toshiba has been making Notebooks for a long time and they make quality. I think Sony is too expensive, HP is OK, and so is the dell. The compaq makes quality notebooks too but Toshiba had better value for the money (my last notebook was a Compaq).

I am using to edit occasional digital videos and mainly internet. Toshiba notebook is my desktop replacement. I think if you compare the specs of this notebook with quality desktop machines, there is not a lot of price difference except the processor. But u also don't have to deal with a lot of wires.

And about the Hot Spot? The computer makers try to slam so many things in one notebook and they do pretty good job of it; these are small things. Yes it is slightly warm then the rest of the keyboard are, but no big deal.

Overall excellent notebook.

Want Toshiba Satellite 1135-S155 Laptop (2.0-GHz Celeron, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Drive) Discount?

I just bought this and speed and all the features are cool, but the 15 inch screen seems a little dim and blueish compared to my Samsung Synchmaster 151S that I have sitting on my desktop. I looked at the 107 from Toshiba with 14 inch and the screen was much brighter. I'll keep it anyway...it's a good deal otherwise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment