Sony VAIO E Series SVE17135CXB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black)

Sony VAIO E Series SVE17135CXB 17.3-Inch LaptopI received this laptop from my employer and for the average user it is probably more than sufficient but I am a programmer and I have special needs this if what I found and did with the machine:

1. I hate Windows 8 and can't live with it for software development purposes; so I wiped the hard drive and installed Windows 7 on it (No I did not pay Sony for a downgrade I looked at the included hardware and found a Sony Vaio slightly older than this one on their downloads section of the Sony website and used the older Windows 7 Drivers and it has worked flawless)

2. The touch pad has no buttons instead the whole touch pad moves down if you click on the left or right bottom corner. This is hard to get used to but I use a mouse so no problems.

3. It is slower than my two year old HP DV8 computer since it only has a 5300 rpm vs a 7600 rpm hard drive. It should have an SSD drive for performance but I think the machine is not capable of having two drives. Again not an issue for a normal user but for a power user this may be unsatisfactory.

4. As a good point, I installed Linux Mint on an external USB 3 drive and was pleased to note that everything worked on it including the build in USB camera and everything else without having to search for drivers. This is partially due to the Linux developers getting really sophisticated and quite frankly Linux is starting to get better than Windows and it is free.. However, this shows that the laptop uses relatively standard components unlike some other manufacturers that use proprietary components and you are stuck with their version of the operating system.

All in all not a bad machine and the keyboard is nice.

Bought this to replace an older model Vaio & so glad I stuck with this model. I went back & forth with a smaller one but so glad I went with the bigger. The touch pad takes soem getting used as does the Windows 8 but just need to work with it.

Buy Sony VAIO E Series SVE17135CXB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

was very ill and could not respond till now.i wanth my money back 1.

haed drive not working .

window 6 is the biggest gimmic ,oweful o use.

microsoft always ,whants you to sighn up with window 8 ,so greedy.

i use sony for a long time ,i am so disapointed

thea s schlosser

think before you buy this one it is more then terrible.

finally had a computer man came to set the computer with printer up,he said send it back your hard drive is broken.Sony VAIO E Series SVE17137CXB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black)

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO E Series SVE17135CXB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

It is really absurd. Just in six months, four main parts including screen, HDD, Ram, and camera got broken. It's really disappointing;however, Sony has supported and replaced them for free, but in the last time they told me that I need to extend my guarantee because more than four parts have been replaced!!!!! Was is it my fault?

Want Sony VAIO E Series SVE17135CXB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

So this laptop was for my dad. He has had it for about a week or 2, the machine itself he says it is great, the only downside is Windows 8! Like with everyone, he doesn't complain about the hardware, he actually likes it a lot, but he hates the new OS!

And for the price it is a great machine to be honest, kind of envious of my dad at the moment haha!

1 comments:

alvine123 said...

Thanks for sharing such kind of nice collection......again, beautiful :) I love reading your posts. They make me cheer up .
Dell - Inspiron 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive - Moon Silver
Dell - XPS 15.6" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive
Dell - XPS 15.6" Laptop - 12GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive

Post a Comment