Toshiba Satellite S875-S7370 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum)

Toshiba Satellite S875-S7370 17.3-Inch LaptopI bought this laptop during a Cyber Monday sale and I could not have been happier with the specs I got for the price, my purchase arrived on time and well packaged (as is standard with most items shipped via Amazon Prime). Now I will break down my experience with the laptop so far into pros and cons :

Pros:

Huge screen (17 inches), the core i7 CPU 3.4 GHz runs pretty much anything you throw at it (I got away with running CounterStrike Source at maxed out settings at 113 frames per second, Adobe Illustrator seems to convert AI files into TIFF files pretty fast too and AutoCAD rendering is pretty swift [all these compared to my old Thinkpad]). So overall I am happy with the performance of this laptop.

Cons:

The huge screen is not amicable to angled viewing (i.e. if you change the viewing angle the images look like high contrast/low brightness images, even like photographic negatives sometimes).

The keyboard has strangely spaced keys (some are grouped in blocks that require you to have monstrous hands to switch across blocks).

Windows 8 installed on this laptop is a pain in the nose, it seems like an OS built for a tablet and is pretty inconvenient to operate without a touchscreen.

Overall this laptop provides great value for the money, hence I gave it a 4 star rating

I will only go over the the things I am not 100% happy with.

#1 is Windows 8. However, if you want a new laptop, buying one with Windows 8 is inevitable. Windows 8 is not bad. It just feels like a change I did not want to make.

#2 Battery Life. It is just okay. I do not let my Laptop go into any power save mode by closing the screen. If i close screen without putting it into a power save mode, it will be dead when I use it next. Regardless of that, regular use without being plugged in, it feels like it drains faster then i would like. I believe you are sacrificing battery life for screen size here. Screen size it worth it to me.

#3 When put into power save mode, there is a small white light that stays on. I find this annoying. There may be an option to stop this. I haven't checked yet.

#4 This is my biggest problem with the laptop. There F-keys are the Function keys. The Function keys are standard. Meaning: If you press F key it will do it functions. F2 is brightness down, F3 is brightness up. Only by pressing the FN key will they act as a normal F Key. ie. to close a window it is now Alt FN F4. (Instead of Alt F4 which is customary)

There is an option to reverse this, otherwise i think i would have had to return the Laptop. However, the FN symbols on the keys are clearly visible and the F keys symbols are not visible at all.

Overall It is a solid laptop and I am happy with it.

If you do not read specs well, the big difference with this laptop is it does not include a video card. It has video from the motherboard. This laptop cannot run newer graphically intense games, but i have played Company of Heroes on it perfectly fine. I am positive it could run Word of Warcraft good too.

Buy Toshiba Satellite S875-S7370 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum) Now

This notebook is exceptional. I purchased this about a month ago, and it has been great. It is super fast, less than 45 seconds from the time you turn it on, until it is up & ready to go. Windows 8 is also terrific. It takes a little getting used to, but after that, it is great. Love all of the new tiles that are on the new start screen.

Exceptional notebook & operating system.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite S875-S7370 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum) Here

I simply love this laptop. The brushed finish on the outside is beautiful. The laptop runs very smoothly and fast. It takes hardly any time to boot up, part of which I believe is thanks to Windows 8 (which takes some getting used to, but is really a better OS than people give it credit for. I feel like it is very similar to Win7, only faster.), and it runs my games and programs exactly as I expected it to.

My biggest complaint about it, would be the finish around the keyboard. It's a high gloss plastic, which means it is a magnet for fingerprints, which eggs at my OCD. I wonder if I can find a matte finish skin decal or something to put around the keyboard so that it doesn't bother me so badly.

This laptop is beautiful and well worth the money.

Want Toshiba Satellite S875-S7370 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum) Discount?

I've gone through many laptops through the years and this one by far is my favorite. It took me a few tutorials to learn the new windows 8 but once I got the hang of it I wouldn't go back to the older windows versions. The screen is large and crystal clear. When I watch TV on it I swear it's like watching the show on my large flat screen HD TV in my living room. It blew me away! The keyboard is great and the arm rest is large and comfortable. Has all I wanted and SO much more! Arrived earlier then expected too. If you want a beautiful screen with fantastic internal programs, power, memory etc, this is for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment