HP Pavilion dv6-3020us 15.6-Inch Laptop

HP Pavilion dv6-3020us 15.6-Inch LaptopThis review is from: HP Pavilion dv6-3020us 15.6-Inch Laptop 5.9

Graphics 4.5

Gaming Graphics 5.4

Primary Hard Disk 5.8

I researched long and hard to find the perfect laptop for my needs and a good price... this did it for me. No regrets.

I have recommended this to my friends and I recommend it to you....you won't regret it...I don't work for HP or Amazon.

UPDATED: 1/28/2011

I bought this laptop about 4 months ago. As of right now, it has been extremely smooth and not a single crash or issue.

Pros:

The multitouch trackpad is great.

--use 3 fingers to go back and forward

--use 3 fingers to launch a specific app by tapping

--2 fingers to scroll, rotate, and zoom

--no friction like those chrome plated trackpads

--enough room to scroll, no need to buy the mouse really in my opinion

--Trackpad can be turned on/off by double tapping on the indicator light in the upper left corner of the trackpad.

--1/28/2011Scrybe is the must have app for this track pad...you can use gestures to open websites, shortcuts, copy, paste...very cool

--1/28/2011 You can use the 3 finger gesture to go back in all browsers including chrome but need to google it to make it work....i just use ie9 :)

Camera is 2MP and is fairly good with a nice suite of applications.

--HP Webcam software adds some nice additions

--Used skype to talk to one of my relatives and it was about 90% good when compared to my brothers macbook pro 13...but then again I didnt pay $1200+

Fingerprint Reader

--Extremely accurate

--Dont swipe way too fast because it gets difficult to identify for obvious reasons

--Get Internet Explorer 9/Mozilla Firefox and work like a champion

Keyboard

--Great island style keys

--Dedicated quick launch keys on the left which I use all the time (calc, internet, hp key to open webcam, etc)

CPU, Memory, and HD

--More than enough because higher specs would require more battery

--1333mhz memory

--AMD Phenom II 2.8, it is not bad at all compared to my i7 920 in Alienware (It is comparable to the core i3-330M)

--Nothing less than 500GB should do now a days

--Dedicated graphics card...I dont play games on it. Have a Alienware for that but handles HD media really well.

--DVD Drive is great (not much to talk here :)

Design

--I've never seen anything like it.

--My friend was so jealous and he has a macbook.

--Screen size is great. Anything less than a 15" is really hard to see

--This weighs lighter than my sister's 2009 macbook pro 15"

--Enough USB's and HDMI, VGA

Windows 7

--Enough said, keep in mind i already had windows 7 on my Alienware but this windows is great for laptops.

--Pinning important shortcuts, dragging windows to compare, etc.

--Just used the printer attached to the laptop in the other room through my alienware (same homegroup)

CONS:

Screen

--A little bright due to LED

--Blacks are not exactly black but tune the settings and it should be fine (UPDATE: At a certain angle like many other LED's the black is fairly black but still not like the plasma obviously)

--Resolution could have been higher

Battery

--About 3 hours when I was using MS word to type and IE for browsing. Brightness at like 30%.

--Funny thing I never unplug it...its just me...also my brother with his macbook 13 pro with 10 hours supposed battery keeps it plugged in :)

Fingerprint Reader

--Only mentioning this because I got hooked on Google chrome and IE is different but just as fast now due to IE9.

Keyboard

--No backlit (have no preference really because its distracting to me in low light)

--Screen brightness is more than enough for me.

Seriously, the price that I paid and what I got...I still cant believe it (isnt that a song? :) You will love it. Any more questions, shoot me a message and I'll try my best to reply. I love HP and Windows 7 for this product...:)

Disclaimer: I dont work for either Microsoft, HP or Apple. I mentioned my brother and sister's mac to make a point here for comparison purposes.

Buy HP Pavilion dv6-3020us 15.6-Inch Laptop Now

When it works and once you've realized that there's an extra column of keys to the left of the keyboard then it's a good computer.

The extra keys (print, calculator, and 2 others) are useless. I'm use to the far left keys being the ctrl key, etc. These extra keys just get in the way.

However, after having it for only 2 months the hard drive died. I turned it on in the morning. It ran slow. I turned it off. When I got home that evening I turned it on. It said the "hard drive not exist" (that's the verbatim message).

Now I need to return it to get servicing. I've had other HP computers that lasted years and haven't had any problems. I don't know what's wrong with this one.

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion dv6-3020us 15.6-Inch Laptop Here

This is just a great laptop. everything about it is wonderful and hip, from the light-up hp button on the front to the sleek design to the fast processor. This is jsut great, the speed is top notch and the laptop is nice and big and perfect for me, a student. you cant go wrong!

Want HP Pavilion dv6-3020us 15.6-Inch Laptop Discount?

I've been using it for just two days, but I must say IT IS WONDERFUL!!

Windows 7 seems to be a good OS. I like it so far.

400 and so GB in the hardrive works very well for me (Since my old laptop had just 120Gb).

Its also very fast. But what could you spect from 4Gb ram.. FAST!!

The thing I think I love the most is the HUGE touchpad, it is very big! (10.8 x 6.6 cms). You can zoom in, zoom out, move up and down with it. And you can pass your finger over the keys and move the pointer, because they will activate only if you click them.

The keys of the keyboard are very soft. So you don't have to click them too hard.

The keyboard also has some extra keys in the left column, so I'll have to get used to the new ubications of the regular keys we use to see in the left column (one column more to the right, if you can't undestand what I try to say (sorry for my bad english :S) you can watch photos on the web)

The external and internal design (Aluminium finish) is.. WOW. I love it! Looks very pretty.

The fingerprint reader is working good for me. Bad part: I mostly use Google Chrome and it doesn't work with it :S (as I know is because google chrome doesn't support it, not because of the laptop)

The speakers are very tiny, yeah I know, but music and stuff sounds very loud and clear! Love it!

The camera is alright, not a HQ camera, but it works fine for me. I also like the camera software a lot, is very funny and easy to use.

I haven't tried the microphones yet, but I think they both work fine.

The screen is big, (bigger from left to right than up to down)

The only bad thing I could think of about this laptop is: NOTHING

I guess the price was alright (got it at 674,99 from amazon, Now Its 659,99 i guess), not too expensive, but also not cheap :S.

It's been a huge changement replacing my two-year old HP compaq 6720s (120Gb hardrive, 1Gb ram) with this HP Pavilion dv6-3020us (500Gb hardrive, 4Gb ram)

As I said, I've been using it for just two days, so I hope it'll continue working as good in the future.

At the moment the only thing I could think of is: THANKS HP! and THANKS AMAZON!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment